The War Begins

Chapter 38

The entire Marine Headquarters was in high tension as we lost our scout ships one after another. If anything, this was the closest thing this world would have to a World War. Tension floated into the air as the 7 Warlords, or 5 of them, walked out into the open and above the walls, facing directly where Whitebeard would be in canon after a couple of hours.

Listening to my advice, when allied ships to Whitebeard started to show up, Sengoku filled up the vital positions close to the harbor with some of the Super Sized Warships and notified all Marine officers to look below the Water for signs of Whitebeard's ship.

From the hidden wall, the line of fire, to the dozens of Pacifistas, the Marines were ready for war, and so were we.

Sis and I got into our position, we were granted right next to Garp and Ace atop the execution platform. Sengoku warned us beforehand that we shouldn't talk too much with Ace or Garp but we told him that we'll do whatever we want to. He knows us well enough to know that we're on his side at the end of the day so he didn't bother.

As Sis and I sat down to the left of Ace atop of the execution platform we waited until everyone else arrived on scene. First, it was Sengoku who looked dark, ready for whatever will happen. A few minutes later, Garp went onto the platform and sat down next to Ace.

Not wanting to interrupt, we gave them their moment of family. Both Ace and Garp crying about how things have turned out and Garp wishing that both of his grandson becoming Marines instead of Pirates.

They calmed down after a couple of minutes when sis talked to Ace.

Diana: Whitebeard is going to come for you. Not only him but everyone in his crew. His allies, and people who simply have a grudge against the World Government. Everyone is coming.

Ace: ...

Diana: I wouldn't give up or hope they wouldn't come. You hold the biological blood of the Pirate King himself, is the adopted son of both the Strongest Man in the World as well as the Hero of the Marines. There's too much expectation for you to simply give up. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm here to help you. We're marines.

Ace: ... I hope they wouldn't come.

Diana: I know a lie when I hear one. You might be the son of Gol. D. Roger the Pirate King. A notorious pirate and the 2nd Division Commander of the Whitebeard Pirates...yet in the end you're just like us. Who would want to die? You want them to come and save you and that's nothing to be ashamed of.

Ace: Why... why are you being so nice to me?