Here Comes the Rocket Man

Chapter 25

After waking up on the Requiem, beating up Tim and sending him to the sick bay, getting another mouthful of complaints from doc, we arrived at Enies Lobby.

The Massive scale of the Marine Base was definitely downplayed in the anime. From the towers of Justice to the colossal Gates of Justice, this truly did show the scale of power and might the Marines had in this world.

The only question being, how was Enies Lobby beaten by a group of Pirates who still don't even know how to use Haki? Shouldn't there at least be someone at the rank of a Rear Admiral or some Marine Veterans from the New World stationed here for extra security?

Whatever the case, the defeat the Marines faced here at Enies Lobby, THEIR OWN HEADQUARTERS, against a group of ROOKIE PIRATES is a massive stain on the Marine's power on the world. Hmm... well I guess it's OUR headquarters now as well.

Diana: First, let's check in to the base and get ourselves a room.

Me: A suite

Diana: Kara, I'm sure they'll only have the best for Vice Admirals like us.

Tim & John: What about us?

Diana: We'll take in Sarah in with us. You boys enjoy your rooms together, but don't cause any trouble!

After we make sure that all our crew are indoors and safe, Sis and I will be outside, ready to intercept any signal or trouble.

Diana: We're in Enies Lobby. It's no question whether we'll run into Straw Hats or not. But the question is Kara... do we let them go?

Me: If we don't, then the Straw Hats won't be able to meet Brook. Luffy won't have a fight against Gecko Moria. If we send them to Impel Down now, there's no guarantee that any of them would ever escape. After all, Luffy was breaking IN, not breaking OUT.

Diana: But do we have a good excuse for it though?

Me: I've got a general idea. But we won't be doing much for most of the fight. But really, we came here to save lives. Luffy's crew is important but not over the lives of thousands.

Sis just nodded at my words.

Diana: For Akainu and some others, this is the place of Absolute Justice while for us, this place is filled with Corruption and false Justice. Yet, the scale of this place keeps the World in Order. Preventing it from falling into Anarchy; for the sake of peace around the Blues, we can't allow Enies Lobby to fall.

I nodded at her words as I activated my Second devil fruit. As I felt my body turn intangible, into pure energy, I started to pick up the electromagnetic waves from all over the island and beyond. Pretenses of everyone, Den-den mushi calls, jamming signals, everything; and from far away in the dark night...

Me: Sis...

With both my devil fruit and observation haki combined, I could make out a faint but unmistakable presence from all the way from Water 7. The roaring of a machine as the Rocket Man came to life.

Me: They're coming.