𝟎𝟎𝟖

"𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ

     "WHY WASN'T PENELOPE in the room?" Noah asks Emily as the woman gets her stuff together to head to Seattle.

"Because she would've defended you." Emily answers. Everyone on the team knew that if Penelope knew they were questioning Noah, she would have stuck up for the teen.

"You really think so?"

"I know so. It's kind of her thing." Emily says as she grabs her go-bag.

"What is?"

"She sees the beauty in everything and everyone." Emily states and begins walking to the elevator.

"And you didn't wanna stand up for me?" Noah questions the woman.

"You were right. I wouldn't have let you into my home if I thought you were lying." Emily remarks, "The rest of the team wasn't sure."

"Wheels up in ten." Hotch says as he walks to the elevator.

"I have to get something from Garcia real quick," Emily mentions to the teen and looks over at JJ, "Hey, will you walk her to the jet?" She asks the blonde.

"Yeah, let's go, sweetie." JJ beams.

"Will you tell Penelope goodbye for me?" She asks the woman.

"I'll give her the biggest hug for you." Emily giggles and watches the teen walk away with JJ.

Emily walks to Garcia's office and knocks on the door.

"Hey, Em, what's up?" Penelope asks.

"I need you to do me a favor."

"Anything for you, mon cher." Penelope chimes.

"Can you make a file on Noah?" She asks and watches the woman's face fall.

"On Noah? I thought you guys believed her." Penelope sighs as Emily leans against her desk beside her.

"I do, but I need to know everything that went on in that house." Emily states.

"Okay," Garcia agrees.

"You can fax it—"

"No need." Penelope interrupts and pulls multiple folders out of her desk drawer.

"You...already had these?" Emily questions.

"When we were working the case, I had files of all the victims' kids."

"Is it bad?"

"I think you should read it without any expectations." Penelope warns the woman and hands her the folders. Emily stuffs them into her bag and thanks the woman.

"Promise me she'll be okay?" Penelope asks.

"I promise. I'll be there and you're only a call away." Emily giggles and hugs Garcia, "She told me to tell you goodbye and give you a hug." She says and sees Penelope smile wide at the gesture. Emily says goodbye one last time and then walks out to the elevator. As she makes her way to the jet, she cannot help but feel nervous about the files.

"Emily,"

The woman hears her name being called as soon as she gets on the jet.

"Did you tell Penelope that I said goodbye?" Noah asks.

"Of course," Emily replies and takes a seat.

"Poker?" Morgan asks the teen as she turns around to find a place to sit. The teen nods her head and watches Morgan sit across from Emily with Reid next to him.