•55•

Sam

"Who's Kayla?" I ask looking up at Colby with furrowed brows as I ask that the bathroom doors open "I did it cwoby!" I look over to see a little girl with brown hair and hazel eyes "uh Colby?" I say confused sitting up "did you wash your hands?" Colby asks her "no I no weach" he gets up and goes to her picking her up and goes back to the bathroom and helps her wash her hands. She comes out with him behind her and she gasps "is he your boyfren!?" she asks with a smile "yep" Colby says with a smile and she squeals running over and jumping on the bed and she hugs me I smile and hug her back "that's Kayla" Colby says sitting back down I nod and she pulls away from the hug "what's your name?" she asks "Sam" she smiles and moves so she's sitting in between us "I watch cartoon?" she asks pointing to the tv "of course" Colby says and he turns on a cartoon for her "Colbs can we talk?" "yeah, are you ok?" he asks worriedly "yeah" I say getting up and he gets up after and follows me into the hall. "what the heck Colby!" I whisper yell after he closes the door "baby calm down" "why is there a child here!?" he sighs and puts his hands on my hips "I can explain" I sigh "so I was at the store and I heard crying then it was her, she said she lost her mom so I took her upfront and we looked at the security cameras and her mom left her there on purpose" he explains "so you kidnapped her?" he laughs lightly "I didn't kidnap her, I took her because I felt bad and she told me that her mom kicked her dad out so I'm hoping that tomorrow we can find him and drop her off" I sigh "your mad at me aren't you?" he says with a frown dropping his hands from my hips "no no I'm not mad" I say quickly hugging him and he lets out a breath of relief hugging back "are you sure you seem mad" I look up at him "I promise I'm not, I just wanted to be with you after I came back and wasn't expecting a child to be here" he nods and kisses my forehead "I wasn't expecting to bring home a child either I just couldn't leave her there" I nod and lay my head on his chest "and this can be practice for us" he says kissing my head I smile "Sam, Cwoby!" Kayla calls before the door opens "yeah bubba?" Colby says still holding me "I hungwy" she whines "what would you like?" I ask moving away from the hug and she makes grabby hands to me "mac an cheese" she says as I pick her up and Colby smiles at me "lets go make some then" I say and she smiles wide and Colby kisses my temple before I head downstairs.

I get to the kitchen and I set her on the counter and grab a box of mac and cheese then filling up a pan with water and putting it on the stove "tan I has juice?" she asks swinging her feet "of course" I say going to the fridge "apple juice ok?" "yep!" I smile and grab the bottle and pour it in a cup "here you go" "tanks" I smile and put the juice back.
Soon the mac and cheese is down and I grab three bowls and dishing them out. I grab Kayla taking her off the counter and I hand her a bowl "yay!" she cheers "c'mon let's go back by Colby" she nods and waits for me as I grab mine and Colby's bowls and I follow her up the stairs. "tan I gives it to him?" she asks as we get to my door "sure" she smiles and I hand her a bowl and then open the door "Cwoby!" she says walking in and he sits up she gets on the bed being careful to not spill the mac and cheese and she sits next to him "here woo gwo" she holds it out to him "thank you" he says with a smile and I sit on the other side of Kayla and we eat and watch tv.

"Finally" I say laying down Colby chuckles and wraps his arms around me "you sure she's asleep this time?" "yes, I hope" he laughs lightly and pulls the covers over us and I cuddle into him "your gonna be a great dad" he says kissing my head I smile and look up at him "really?" "definitely" he kissing me and I smile kissing back "you'll be better" I say after we pull away he rolls his eyes playfully and pecks my lips and I cuddle into him again "I love you baby" "I love you too" I say before letting sleep take over.

-

I wake up hearing someone laughing I whine and pull the blanket over my face "bubba you woke him up" I hear Colby say and she laughs more "Sammy!" She squeals Colby chuckles "wakey! wakey!" she yells then jumps on me "Kayla!" Colby yells pulling her off of me and I sit up rubbing my face and I look over to see Kayla start to cry "no no don't cry" Colby says hugging her and I furrow my brows confused "I-i sowwy I didn't kn-ow" she sobs moving away from Colby then hugging me "hey, it's ok" I say rubbing her back still confused "I-i sowwy" I pull away and I wipe her tears "why are you crying?" I ask "Sam, she jumped on you" Colby says and Kayla let's out a sob hugging me again "ok, it didn't hurt" I say as I rub her back he puts his head in his hands "ohh" I say once I realise why he's upset about it "Colbs she jumped on my legs not the baby" "are you sure" he asks his eyes brimmed with tears "yes I'm sure, now please don't cry" I say cupping his cheek wiping the tear that slipped "and as for you," I say pulling Kayla away and wiping her tears "stop crying because your not in trouble and did nothing wrong" "a-are woo sure" I smile and poke her nose making her giggle "c-can we find daddy now?" she asks "yeah, get your shoes on" I say lifting her up and taking her off the bed and she runs off to the guest room I smile softly and I look over at Colby and he's looking in his lap tears rolling down his face I sigh and sit in his lap and hug him and he wraps his arms around me putting his chin on my head "don't cry please" I whisper "i-it scared me" he whispers moving his head in my neck "I know Colbs, but she jumped on my legs I promise" he pulls away I sigh and wipe his tears "I promise Colbs" I believe you baby" he says softly kissing my forehead "let's find daddy!" Kayla squeals running in "get dressed baby, you also slept in by the way" he says as I get off his lap I furrow my brows and grab my phone 12:35 "oops" I say going to my closet and I hear Kayla giggle.