•57•

Colby

I wake up and I smile seeing sam on top of me and I kiss his head and grab my phone 9:03 I sigh and I carefully take Sam off of me and get off the bed. I grab my things and head down to my car once I get in I start it and go to my house. I park my car and get out grabbing my things heading inside and up to my room I grab some clothes and go to the bathroom to take a shower.
I get out of the shower and I get dressed after I leave the bathroom I grab my bag full of my clothes and put them in a basket and put new clothes in it. I go downstairs and put my dirty clothes in the washer and go to the kitchen and make a bowl of cereal "oh hey Colby" my mom says as she walks in "hi mom" I smile taking a bite of my cereal "oh mom, y'know how I got that job?" I ask as she grabs a carton of eggs "yes dear, why did you get it anyway?" she asks as she turns on the stove "that's the thing, I got it so I can surprise Sam with a new house an-" "oh my, that's wonderful!" she says with a smile cutting me off I hum "yeah, but I wouldn't be able to get all the money I need for everything so could you and dad maybe help?" I ask a bit hesitantly she smiles "of course I can, I can help get some furniture if you'd like" she says as she cracks an egg into the pan "that's fine, thank you" she nods "do you know what you want?" I nod "I do, me and Sam looked for things a while back along with the house" I explain taking another bite of food "oh so he already knows?" she asks putting a piece of bread in the toaster "no, he asked about it once and for excided when I said if want to live with him so we looked for things" she laughs lightly "ok how much money have you made so far?" I pull out my phone going on my bank account "almost enough for the house" I say with a soft smile "oh, how far is this house?" she asks worry and panic washing over her face "don't worry, it's about 3 hours away" she lets out a breath of relief "ok well I'll be glad to help you with the furniture and I'm sure your dad will as well" I smile "thank you" I say as I rinse off my dishes setting it in the sink "and I'll ask Cindy since I know you don't want to" I chuckle "thank you, I'll see you later I got to go to work now" I say kissing her cheek "bye!" she calls as I walk out of the kitchen. I grab my bag of clothes for when I go back to Sam's and I get in my car pulling out of the driveway going to work.
"Hey Colby!" Aryia says as I get to the backroom "hey" I say as I walk in checking in for my shift "bye guys!" Jade calls walking out "bye!" we call back "what do you guys have?" Mike asks as he walks out from the back with a cart "cash register" Aryia says "I can do whatever" I say "damn I like having that one" Mike says Aryia agreeing "I do too, it's kind of boring though" I say as I follow them out "yeah I guess, but I'll see you at break" Aryia says walking away.

-

I walk around finding something to do when I see a little girl walking by herself I furrow my brows and go to go over there "excuse me?" I look over seeing a guy around my age "where is the cereal?" I chuckle "two aisles down that way" I say pointing to the left "cool thanks" I nod and he pushes the cart away jumping on the bars I chuckle shaking my head and look to where I seen the girl seeing she's not there anymore I sigh and walk around again. My phone starts ringing and I take it out of my pocket seeing that it's Sam wanting to facetime and I answer it seeing as I don't have anything to do "Colbs!" he smiles "hi baby" I smile and pick up a box of fruit snacks that were on the floor putting them back on the shelf "what are you doing?" he asks "working" he nods "why'd you call?" I ask as I go in the direction I seen the girl seeing if she's still by herself "you weren't here when I woke up" he pouts "sorry baby, there wasn't much time till my shift and I had to talk to my mom" "I miss you" he mumbles and I smile "I'll be home soon baby" he nods and gets up walking somewhere "where you going?" I ask as I set my phone up against a box on a cart I found deciding to stock the shelves "Devyn and Tara wants to go somewhere so I'm changing" he explains I hum putting boxes of mac and cheese on the shelf "Colbs what should I wear?" "that's up to you baby" he huffs "ok I'll wear this" he says and then puts the camera face up as he changes and I continue stocking the shelf "Colby!!" I look over see Kayla and she runs over hugging me "hi bubba" I smile running my fingers through her hair and I chuckle noticing she was the girl I seen earlier "were you looking for me?" I ask she giggles and makes grabby hands so I pick her up "yes" I shake my head with a smile "who'd you come with?" I ask "Zachy and Chloe" I hum "here, hold it" I say handing her my phone "why?" she asks holding it with both hands "it's Sam" she gasps and looks at the phone as she hears movement "Col- oh hi Kayla" he smiles "hi!" she squeaks I smile and move her hair out of her face putting it behind her ear "bubba where are Chloe and Zach?" I ask as I start walking "uh I dunno" she says and I hear Sam laugh a bit "so, you just walked away?" "yep!" I shake my head "don't do that anymore" "why?" she tilts her head "it's dangerous" Sam says and she looks back at the phone "why?" I chuckle and Sam explains why "oh, is dat why a cweepy man was fowowing me?" she says as Sam says someone could take her "what!?" Sam says his eyes wide "yep, it him" he says pointing at a middle aged man infront of us "there you are! I was looking for you forever!" he exclaims after seeing I'm a worker "oh no" I mumble taking my phone from her "baby I'll call you back" I say then hang up before he could say anything and I go to Chloe's contact calling her putting the phone up to my ear "hey can I please have her back, she's mine" he says trying to take her from me making Kayla whine holding onto me "no!" I step back "she's mine!" he yells angrily "no she's not!" "Hello Colby are you ok?" Chloe asks on the other end sounding panicked "where are you?" I ask stepping back from the man "at the store with Zach" "yeah I know but where?" "uh I'm near the candy section and Zach's somewhere else, we're trying to look for Kayla" she says "give her to me!" he yells balling his fist and I turn around and walk away fast "uh Colby?" Chloe says "s-stay where you are don't move" I say with a stutter as I see the man is following me "why??" she asks confused "just stay, where are you?" I ask picking up my pace "cereal section" "stay there" "wh-" I hang up and put my phone in my pocket and hold onto Kayla tighter "c-colby" she whimpers holding me tight and I look behind me to see him close to me and I turn into an aisle last second and run down it taking another turn running past two aisles turning into another one and running across the hall to another aisle turning to the left going down three aisles before going into an aisle and I slow down as I see that he's not behind me no more "I-i want d-addy" Kayla sobs into my neck "shh it's ok bubba" I whisper rubbing her back and I look up at the signs seeing where the cereal is seeing it's close and I start walking being cautious of the man. "C-olby" Kayla chokes out "yeah bub?" "h-he be-behin u-s" I look back to see him turn a corner and he sees us and starts running "hold on" I say and she holds me tighter and I start running again. I turn into the cereal section "shit" I say under my breath as Chloe didn't stay "give me the fucking kid!" the man yells as he turns in the aisle and Kayla yelps holding me tight and I start running going to the back room.

I get to the back room and I put Kayla on the counter wiping her tears "what the fuck happened?" Aryia asks coming over to us "she walked away alone and some guy was following her the whole time and tried taking her from me and chased me" I say as I grab a water bottle taking a drink "well tell the boss he'll kick him out" I nod "I'll do that know keep an eye on her" he nods and I walk over to his office. I knock on the door "come in!" he calls so I open the door and go in "what do you want Colby?" he asks glancing up at me before going back to his paperwork "well there's this guy that was trying to take a kid that wasn't his" he nods "are they safe?" he asks "well ye-" I get cut off by the door opening the closing and I look over seeing Kayla in tears and she hugs me and I crouch down "what's wrong?" I ask wiping her tears "he-he-h- cwe-cweepy m-ma- ar-aryia- kn-knife" she stutters not able to make a full sentence and my eyes go wide and I look up at boss and hes already on the phone with the police and I look back at Kayla and pull her in a hug and I lean against the wall "shhh it's ok" I whisper rubbing her back. "Stay here" I say to Kayla as I put her on the floor "wh-why?" she asks "play on it, and stay here" I say giving her my phone and standing up leaving the room.

Triggering

I get to where I left Aryia before to see the guy having the knife to his neck "I-i don't know!" Aryia stutters "where is she!?" he asks again holding the knife closer to his neck making Aryia's breath hitch "woah, put the knife down" I say "you! where is she!?" he asks "put the knife down and let him go" I say "give me the kid!" "why?" I ask "she's mine!" I hum "what's her name?" he stays silent "it- it doesn't matter give her to me!" he stutters "ok, let him go first" he loosens his grip out of shock then holds him tight again "no! give me her first!" I sigh "let him go, he's done nothing" I say "give me the damn kid!" he yells pushing the knife more to his neck as he looks behind me I furrow my brows and look behind me seeing Kayla "bubba go back to the room" she shakes her head and runs to me hugging me "go Kayla" I say more stern and serious "n-no!" "pass the kid and I'll pass the boy" he says and I look up seeing Mike behind him and I motion my head to Kayla and he nods "alright fine" I say pushing Kayla off me gently "no!" she yells tears falling faster the man laughs and slowly moves the knife from Aryia's neck I look at Aryia and he nods slightly "now!" I yell and Aryia runs and Mike grabs Kayla making the man grab me instead "fuck" I groan "you shouldn't have done that" he says pushing the knife against my neck "last chance, five me the fucking kid!" he says through gritted teeth pushing the knife closer to my neck making my breath hitch and my eyes close tight "p-please-" "shut the fuck up!" he yells cutting me off the knife cutting my neck a little making me wince "let him g-" "give me the fucking kid!" he yells again cutting Mike off and I close my eyes tight as tears brim my eyes the only thing going through my head is Sam and the baby.
"o-ok fine have the kid" Aryia says "n-no don't" I choke out "Colby he's going to kill you!" Mike yells "sh-shes going t-to b-be killed if you g-give her to him" I say as tears run down my cheeks "but you have your own kid to raise still!" Aryia yells and I let out a choked sob as the man pushes the knife more "I-i lived m-my life sh-she hasn't" I hear the back emergency doors open and heavy footsteps come towards us and soon the police show up "put the knife away!" one yells "just give me the fucking child!" he yells pushing the knife against my neck making it cut me more and tears fall faster "c-c-colby!" Kayla cries out hiding her face in Mike's leg "let him go!" another officer yells only for him to push the knife against my neck making me gasp "p-lease" I choke on my sob "let him go, he has a kid to raise himself" Mike says "should've given me the girl in the first place!" he yells back "what about Sam?" Aryia asks "t-ell him I-i love him" I say and the guy cuts my throat making me gasp for air and I fall to the ground holding my neck coughing up blood "Colby!!" they yell "get down!" I hear then there's a gun shot. I cough up blood struggling to breathe blood covering my hands hearing Kayla's screams and cries Mike and Aryia calling for help "C-colby can you hear us?" Aryia asks a couple tears brimming his eyes from what I can see as my vision turns blurry "i-i-" I choke out starting to cough up blood "help!!" Mike yells "stay with us!" they both yell as my eyes close.
My whole life plays out in seconds to me and Sam moving in together to the baby coming to the wedding and to the day we die, right before everything turns black.

-

rip colbert...