•72•

Third person

Sam and Colby got married a month later and are happy with each other. Today is Ava's first birthday and they decide to just have the three of them since they had just gotten back from their honey moon not too long ago and wanting to spend time with Ava.

Sam

Colby sits at the other side of the living room as I'm on the other side with Ava and I stand her up "c'mere Ava" Colby says opening his arms and Ava takes a step and I hold my hands to her side incase she falls "c'mon" Colby says again and Ava walks faster I smile and watch "daddy!" Ava squeals falling into his arms "good job Ava!" Colby cheers hugging her and she giggles. Colby kisses her forehead and stands her up "get dada" he says she giggles and starts walking "c'mon Ava" I smile opening my arms, she soon gets to me and squeals as I hug her "good job Ava" I say kissing her head "dada food" I giggle and stand up carrying her on my hip going to the kitchen "what do you want babygirl?" Colby asks opening the cupboard and she starts to whine "shhh Ava, we're getting you food" she whines more and tries wiggling out of my arms "Ava.." I trail off with a sigh and put her down and she walks a bit then switches to crawling and she gets to the fridge and uses it to help her stand up and she opens it me and Colby laugh a little and go over to her and she's reaching for the yogurt "you want some yogurt?" Colby asks and she squeals clapping her hands I giggle and grab the container "I'll go put her in her chair" Colby says picking her up I hum and he kisses my cheek and leaves the kitchen. I make a bowl of yogurt cutting a strawberry and mixing it into it and I grab her sippy cup and put some apple juice in it after I go into the dining room "how about a cow?" Colby asks "moo" Ava says "good job! how about.. a dog?" "woof!" she squeaks "good job how-" "dada!" Ava says seeing me and she makes grabby hands I smile and I go over and put her food on her tray she squeals a little and grabbing the spoon and putting it in her mouth "yum" she mumbles eating some more I smile and Colby pulls me into his lap and kisses any cheek resting his chin on my shoulder "baaa" Ava says imitating a sheep I giggle laying my head on Colby's and he tightens his grip on my waist "quack.. quack" she says and she continues eating making animal noises.

We clean up her mess after shes done eating and then go into the living room and we play with Ava. After a bit she crawls over to me and sits in my lap "do you wanna watch some cartoons?" she nods nuzzling her head in my chest I hum and stand up and put her on the couch and turn on spongebob then help Colby pick up her toys. "Daddy" Ava mumbles still looking at the tv "yeah babygirl?" he asks and she stays quiet scrunching up her face I giggle and look at Colby and he groans Ava giggles and crawls off the couch and holds her hands up to Colby "daddy" she whines "no, dada will do it" "no she chose you" I say sitting on the couch "no, go to dada he'll do it" she whines "nonono" he says picking her up before she sits on the ground "fine I'll do it" he groans walking to the stairs and I hear Ava giggle I shake my head with a small giggle and go on my phone.
Soon Colby comes back down with Ava and she's now in a koala onesie and he sits her down next to me and goes to wash his hands "dada" Ava mumbles "dada" she mumbles again "dada" I giggle "what Ava?" "dada" I giggle realizing she's just saying it just to say it "daddy" she says as he walks in "daddy" she says again "what?" he says "daddy" he chuckles "Ava" she mumbles I sigh softly and watch tv. "daddy" she says again and Colby groans "stop" "daddy" he groans and pulls her on his lap and starts tickling her and she squeals giggling. After a couple seconds he stops tickling her "stop saying daddy's name" "daddy!" she squeaks and Colby looks at me getting irritated I giggle "daddy" he throws his head back closing his eyes "daddy" he looks at her then at me "can we make cookies like I wanted a year ago" I giggle "please baby? he begs "dada" Ava whines crawling to my lap "yum yums?" she asks with a small pout and pleading eyes I smile and kiss her forehead "please, they'll be birthday cookies since we couldn't get a cake" Colby begs "ok ok c'mon" I giggle standing up and they both cheer and we go into the kitchen.
We get the ingredients and put them on the island Ava sitting on it and we start putting the things in the bowl "Ava no" I giggle taking the bag of chocolate chips from her as she tries opening it with her teeth and she whines "no crying on your birthday babygirl" Colby says wiping her tears "dis many dada" she sniffles holding up five fingers I hum "how much is that?" I ask opening the bag "um..." she looks down at her hand pointing at each finger mumbling "fwee!" she squeaks I hum and grab three chocolate chips and put them in her hand "dada" she whines and Colby chuckles "you asked for three Ava" Colby says "no dis many" she holds up five fingers again "how much is that?" "fwee!" he hums "and that?" he asks pointing at the chocolate chips "fwee?" she says confused "right, so how much is this?" he asks touching her hand "no fwee" I giggle and pour some chocolate chips into the dough and fold them in "so if thats three what's that?" Colby asks again "one?" he chuckles "no babygirl, how much are you missing?" he asks instead and she looks at her hands "dis many!" she squeaks holding up two fingers "right, how much is that?" "fwee" he shakes his head "that's three.. this is one.. so what's in between?" he asks holding up one finger when he says one "um.. five!" "nope, this is five" he points at her hand giving her the answer "two?" she asks he hums "yep, so you need two more to get how many?" she looks back down at her hands then whines "Ava, this is three that's two that's one and this is five" he says making five stick out "four!" she squeaks "babygirl this is five" she nods "four" she says again and Colby chuckles "show me how many you want" she holds up five fingers "hm, you want four?" he asks I giggle as Ava makes a confused face "daddy dis five" she says "but you said you wanted four and showed me that much so it has to be four" "no daddy" she giggles "dada I has five?" she asks looking at me I hum "of course" I give her two more "daddy see five" she giggles showing him he smiles but asks confused "but that's four" she giggles "five daddy" he lets out a fake groan "dada it five?" "hm, I dunno Ava you said it was four" I say going along with it she giggles and puts her hand on her forehead shaking her head "Ava I don't get it" Colby groans pouting "it five daddy" she says "I thought it was one" he says she giggles "dis one daddy" she holds up one finger "no that's three" "nono daddy dis fwee" "two?" "oh boy" she mumbles "oh I get it, that's 1 that's 2 that's 3 and 4 then 5?" I say and she squeals clapping and Colby groans "I give up" he huffs leaning against the island with his head in his hands shaking his head "it otay daddy" she says patting his head and he lifts his head up "it's too hard babygirl" she pouts "count for me again?" she nods "one, two, fwee... four, five!" she counts and we smile "good job Ava!" we cheer she giggles and eats her chocolate chips.