Time to be strong again!

Priya Arora

I was applying for a job at a dental college when Maa entered my room looking very terrified.
I just shut my laptop and asked Maa
"What is wrong? Why do you look so terrified?"
She just gestured me towards her phone and I took it from her hand and saw a ongoing call.
Hello I said.
Hello ma'am. Did you not hear me?
I am talking from City hospital and Mr. Dhruvv Arora has met an accident. He is been operated over here. She said.
And my mind froze.
Dhruvv? Accident? Operated?
Hello
Hello, Are you there? She said.

Umm... Yess.. I'll be there in some time. Thank you for informing. I said to her and looked at Maa who was pacing around in the room.

"Maa let's go!" I said to her.
She just nodded and we left for the hospital.
Neither Sid nor Sarah was at home so I just took the car keys and left with Maa.

"Maa inform Siddharth and Sarah about it." I said to her and she called them.
I looked at her and she looked really pale.

"Everything will be fine." I said squeezing her hand. She just nodded.
Whereas I was just a minutes away from tearing up.

Please let him be safe!

I just couldn't think straight right now.
If he has met with an accident because of his habit of talking on phone while driving, he is going to have an earful from me.

We reached the hospital and I said Maa to go inside the hospital while I park the car.
I went and asked for his room.

I just got down on the floor where Dhruvv is been admitted and saw Maa sitting in the waiting area.
And then I saw doctor coming out of the room.
"Sir, can you please update us on Mr.Arora's situation." I asked the doctor.
"He lost too much of blood. He is under heavy sedatives now and is kept under observation. You can meet him if you want. But it would be a problem if he doesn't gain conciousness by tomorrow." Doctor said and left.

"Maa... Do you want to see him?" I asked.
"Is he up?" She asked.
"No but he will very soon." I said with a smile.
Only I knew what pain I had behind that smile.
I am controlling my tears very badly.
I should be strong for her.
"I'll just go in his room." She said and went.
Just then a nurse came out and handed me a list of medicines she needed.

I took the medicines and entered Dhruvv's room. I kept the medicines over there and looked at him lying on the bed.

He looked so pale. His head was covered with a band aid. His hand had fracture so it was covered with plaster.
I just couldn't see him like this.

Just get up Dhruvv!
A tear rolled down my cheek.

I just got out of the room as fast as I could because I did not want to freak out Maa.

I sat on the chair on waiting room and tears started flowing.
I saw Sarah and Siddharth coming towards me.
I just wiped my tears.

Time to be strong again!

"Where is he? Is he fine? How did this happen?" Sarah fired questions where as Siddharth was just standing behind her looking at me with hope.

"Yess.. Don't worry. He is fine. He is just under some sedatives. It will take time for him to gain conciousness." I said holding her shoulder.

"You can go see him If you want. Maa is inside. I'll get something for you guys to eat." I said looking at both and went towards the canteen.

The truth is I cannot hold my tears any long. All the while in the lift I was crying.

I brought some light snacks for them to eat. When i entered the room I tried not to look in Dhruvv's direction.
Sarah was sitting on the couch with her head on Maa's lap and siddharth sitting beside them just staring into space.

"Eat something. I don't think Dhruvv would appreciate you guys being hungry because of him." I said trying to smile.

Maa nodded and I just left the room.
Sarah came and sat beside me on the chair and forwarded me a sandwhich.

"Uhh... I had food. You have it." I said not meeting her eyes.
"If you want to cry you know you can. You don't need to always pull up this strong facade Priya. Just let it out." She said patting my back.

That was the last string. Because I was done with this showing I am really strong game. I am not. I just hugged her tight and cried my heart out.
I've never cried this much.
Not even when i was missing my maa.
Not even when Sahil cheated on me.
Not even when that incident happened.
Not even when i got to know that I am marrying a stranger.

Because today I am scared.
Scared of losing him.
I don't know why.
But I am.

I pulled up myself and wiped my face.
"I'll be back." With this i walked towards the washroom.

I just looked into the mirror and told myself
"He is going to be fine."
"He is going to get up before tomorrow."

He has to.

*

I was pacing around in the waiting area.
It is already a day he is lying on that bed.

Why are you doing this Dhruvv?

He should gain his conciousness by tomorrow otherwise there would be a problem.
Doctor's words were ringing in my ears.

Just then Sarah came out of Dhruvv's room and said
"Priya he is up!"
I looked at her and heaved a sigh of relief.

She took my hand in her to take me to his room but i refused.
"You go. I— umm I'll call the doctor." I said my voice cracking.

Thank God! He is fine now!
I just went and informed the doctor about it.