I have never seen her this Angry!

Dhruvv Arora

I was sitting on the beach with a bottle of beer in my hand.
I just wanted some alone time.
Today when Sarah got engaged I realised that I probably only have a few days left to see her yawning on the breakfast table.
To scold her about being reckless.

Usually I do not drink but then today was diffrent. I wanted to forget this nagging feeling which was in my heart.

She will be gone!

I just closed my eyes and a flashback came before my eyes of how delicate was she when I held her for the first time.
I told mom that I would do anything to protect her from everyone. And I have always been very protective towards her.

If it wasn't for Sachin I don't think I would've allowed her to go to someone's else's house to make it hers.

I heard footsteps from behind me.
She came and sat beside me.
She took a hold of my elbow in both of her palms and rested her head on my shoulder.

"You are behaving as if Sarah is moving to some other country." Priya said.
I removed my hand from her grasp and draped it around her shoulder. She kept her head on my chest and I kissed the top of her head.

"You know when you got married to me I was so engrossed in my work that I didn't realise that the surroundings were new to you. You had to adjust for us." I said.

"Frankly speaking...I loved it. I've never had this much attention all these years of my life. You guys never made me feel like I am an outsider." She said kissing my cheek.

" Sarah is not that matured. You know that." I said to her looking at the beach.
She got up and sat between my thighs.
I held her from behind by her waist.

"Maybe she isn't matured right now

"Maybe she isn't matured right now. But she will be. You can't just keep her under your wings to keep her happy and protected. She will learn with time. Also she has Sachin with her." She said smiling at me.

And looking at her smile I forgot all my worries.
That is the kind of magic you have!

"Umm..hmm you are right I guess." I said returning her smile and touching our foreheads.

We sat their in silence for a while with my hands holding her waist and her around my neck. Her head on my chest.

This feels surreal!

I can't believe there was a time when i thought marrying her would bring drama to my life. And now I feel restless if I don't have her around me.

"Let's go in. It is getting cold here." She said snuggling more into my chest.

We got up and went towards our room.