Chapter 1- UA

I stare at my figure in the tall mirror, fixing the skirt of my new uniform. I push a strand of hair behind my ear, out of my face before puffing out my cheeks letting out a huff. Today was my first day! My smile widened as excitement burned inside of me.

      I grab my bag and head downstairs to greet my brother who was in the kitchen, humming along to some song.
             "Goodmorning!" I cheer. He turns to face me, giving me a large smile.
            "Hey sunshine, Look at you!!!! An official UA student, it suits you." He compliments. I hug his side, feeling his arm sling over my shoulder. "Mom and dad would be so proud."
         "You think so?" I look up at him through my lashes. I noticed he was tearing up as he smiled down at me. "Hey don't cry!!!" I reach up and slap my hands on his face, smushing his cheeks together. He lets out a small laugh before removing my hands from his cheeks so he can wipe away his few tears.
        "I'm sorry I'm sorry, it just feels like yesterday I was helping you do your hair before your first day of preschool." I chuckle and punch his arm playfully before grabbing a piece of fruit he was cutting up.
          "Well now I'm a UA student and soon to be pro hero which means I'm the boss now!" I shout out with my fist up in the air. He shakes his head and pats my head before ruffling my hair.
         "Okay shortie, whatever you say. Get your butt to school or else you'll be late." He instructs me.
         "I'm going I'm going." I swat away his hand, fixing my hair before I slip on my shoes. "I'll see you later! Love you!!" I shout out to him before running out the door.

     I run down the street with a wide smile on my face. Nothing could stop me now. After running for a bit, I slowed down, allowing the sun to get absorbed into my skin. A familiar tingling sensation was sent through my body as I felt my quirk slowly begin to strengthen. The longer I was in the sunlight, the stronger it became.

My quirk was called sunbeam. When I store enough sun rays in my body, I can reuse them as my own. I can use them in defense, blinding and stunning people, I can cause mild burns on people's skin, or I can use the stored up heat in my body to warm myself or others. The less sunlight I obtained the weaker I became, if sunlight was completely taken away from me I'd eventually die. Shitty right? It wasn't that strong when it came to attacks but that's why I worked super hard when it came to training in hand to hand combat. To be honest I was shocked that even passed the tests to get into UA considering I didn't have the strongest quirk. But now that I'm in, I won't stop working hard until I become a hero like All Might.

       I begin to see the large glass building in front of my me causing my heart beat to increase. A large smile spreads onto my face as I stand there in awe. It was so much bigger than I remembered. With determination flowing through me, I make my way into the building with high hopes. I'm going to make new friends, work my way to the top of the class, and become a pro hero!!! I CAN DO THIS!!!

       My positive thoughts get cut short when I collide into something hard. I stumble back a bit as I gasp at the sudden impact. My eyes slowly travel up the tall figure until my eyes land on a pair of burning crimson eyes. Where have I seen those eyes before?
             "WATCH WHERE YOUR GOING DUMBASS!!!" The blonde shouts at me. I couldn't get any words out, I just stared at him with wide eyes. He was scary. I tore my eyes away from his and stared at my feet.
          "M-My apologizes!" I respond nervously. He lets out a scoff before he walks away, leaving me there as I stared at the ground. Come on Y/N get it together! I let out a shaky breath before continuing to walk inside.

     I search on a large board where my class is before I begin to make my way down long, crowded hallways. I was in class 1-A apparently. After a bit of searching, I finally stumble across my assigned classroom. I peek my head inside, seeing most of the students had already arrived. Including the blonde guy I ran into earlier. I let out a heavy sigh before I enter slowly and begin to look for my seat.

      My body went cold as I saw my seat was behind the blonde haired boy. This can't be happening. I keep my head down as I take a seat, trying to avoid his gaze in hopes he doesn't recognize me from out front. I listened as a tall male yelled at him about his feet being on the desk, causing my stomach to churn. Gosh he was mean. After awhile, the rest of the students fill in the classroom. I watched them all silently, unsure how I should approach them. I wanted to make friends but my lack of confidence got the best of me.

      Then I saw him. He had bright green eyes that seemed to light up the room as if they were my sun rays. He had curly green hair that looked so soft and freckles covering his cheeks. His smile was contagious as he walked into the classroom with a girl with pink rosy cheeks and short brown hair. There was something about that boy that was oddly familiar as well. But I couldn't put my finger on it.

      The bell rang, causing me to snap my eyes away from him and focus on the front of the classroom. After students took their seats, in came a man with long, black hair, dressed in all black besides his large white scarf. His eyes were dull as his eyelids seemed heavy above them. He had a dull expression on his face.
           "Goodmorning. You may know me as my Pro Hero name Eraserhead but in class you will address me as Mr. Aizawa. I will be your home room teacher." He informs us. Excitement builds up in my stomach as I begin to silently fan girl over the pro hero in front of me. This is so frickin cool!! "Today, we will doing a physical assessment. All of you go change into your gym clothes and meet outside." He instructs us.

      As we begin heading towards the locker rooms, I watch the two boys that stood out this morning. They both seemed so familiar yet I couldn't put a finger on it. Maybe I've seen them at the store? No. Maybe the local coffee shop? No that can't be it either. I was once again so lost in my thoughts I didn't notice the girl in front of me, waving her hand in front of my face.

      She places her hand on my shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts. I tense up a bit which I figured she noticed.
           "Sorry I didn't mean to startle you. I just wanted to introduce myself. Tsuysu Asui." She smiles at me.
        "It's alright, it's my fault I was day dreaming. It's a pleasure to meet you Asui, I'm Y/n Hikaru." I return the smile.
        "I don't believe I saw you at the entrance exam." She points out as we both begin to make our way into the locker rooms.
         "I was out of the country when it took place so I took mine a little later with a smaller group of students." I inform her.
         "Did any of your old classmates enroll into UA with you?" She asks me, placing a finger on her chin.
         "No unfortunately. I was the only one who enrolled in UA. Most of my classmates enrolled in Ketsubutsu Academy." Once we locate our lockers which were conveniently close to each other, we began to change into the gym gear we were given.
          "Wow. That's a bit far from here." She comments. I shrug on my gym jacket before turning to face her.
          "Yeah. My brother and I actually had to move closer so I could attend UA." I inform her.

     After a bit of talking, I'm introduced to the rest of the girls in my class. I couldn't help but feel hope begin to spread its way through me as I walked with my new friends. Things were going pretty good so far.