Is This The Real Life?

Note: Hey there! OMG! So, there's like SO much going on in this chapter! It has 3 different Povs in it and everybody is utterly confused and it's just like ahhh! Lol. Sorry, I'm not making much sense, just wanted to say hi enjoy the roller-coaster! 💕

19TH OF JULY

Samantha

I’m curled up in a ball in a small and tight space, in a place where there’s no past behind me, and no future in front of me. There’s only right here, and now. 

There’s a lot of different textures all around me, brushing against my bare arms and legs. I’m uncomfortable, and I’m scared. Everything seems still and quiet, and as I look down, I see that the light fabric from the yellow top I’m wearing is ripped and bloodied. I can smell smoke in the air, and there’s sweat clinging to every inch of my body.

It’s hard to breath here, so I start crawling out, pushing and kicking while trying to go towards the light I see in front of me. As I get out of the cranny, I see blood, so much blood everywhere. There’s a big hairy arm lying almost limp in front of me, and I reach over with both of my tiny hands. The skin is still warm to the touch, and the blood feels sticky as I try to shake the arm.

The blood gets all over my hands, and it drips, drips, drips.

“It’s just a nightmare Sam, it’s okay,” a soothing voice says somewhere in the distance. “Let it go, and sleep again. Sleep.”

I keep crawling forwards, the pain in my chest almost unbearable, but I feel heavy and tired, and I finally let the darkness engulf me.

It swallows me whole.

✢✢✢

Time is such a relative thing. It stretches, it shrinks, it folds, it ripples... And right now, it’s stopped.
It’s like I’m weightless, floating in a pool of darkness.

“Is she really okay?” I hear a worried voice ask.

The sound comes out muffled, as if I am listening from underwater.

“She will be, she just needs more rest,” replies a deeper, maybe masculine voice.

“Why is she not waking up?” says the first one.

“It’s the shock... it was all too much.”
Warmth spreads through me, like a gentle touch brushing my cheek. And the voices seem a little louder, a little clearer.

“Come on Sam, it’s time to wake,” he says, and I feel like I should know his voice. Like I should know him, like I’ve known him my whole life.

Another caress warms my insides, but the shadows are calling me again, and I’m just so tired. There’s voices calling me from afar, pulling at me, and the image of a little girl materializes in the darkness. She reaches a hand towards me, as if wanting me to follow her. So I let myself go, and I leave the voices behind.

I’m crawling through the forest, the twigs and rocks digging into my knees and palms. There’s a pain in my chest that’s ripping me open. My heart beats slowly. My limbs move slowly. I collapse, my face against the dirt, the tears now dried on my cheeks.

Something grabs me, and rolls me over. I can see the sky, far away, the sunlight trying to peak in between the canopy up ahead. And then a warm feeling surrounds me as a dark figure looms over my body. Something touches my forehead.

Mist curls and dances all around me, and the pain is not so bad now. I feel almost happy as little spots of light dance around me and tickle my skin. They’re like millions of fireflies pepping kisses all over me.