Goodbye Itinerary

Note: Hello there! I'm trying to work on this story like crazy to get it to you in time and not have to miss any uploading days! So I appologise if there's any typos here or there🙈
I hope this turn of events works how I planned it, so cross your fingers so everything works out in the end and I don't mess up and leave any plot holes lying around! Haha I hope you enjoy this new update!

----

21ST Of JULY

Emma

If running into the forest following my best friend wasn't weird enough, her finding the spot where she had a car crash when she was barely a toddler definitely was. 

And now this? 

There's a tall and muscly maori guy standing in front of us, and Sam seems glued to the spot, her mouth hanging slightly open as she looks up at him. 

"You called, and here I am," he says, and it seems like Sam snaps out of it then. 

She closes the distance between them with quick steps, and wraps her arms around the guy's waist. His golden eyes open up wide, and he laughs a little, sounding slightly uncomfortable. 

"Oh, Rongo, I never thought I'd be so glad to see you!" Sam pulls away, looking at him in the eyes. "Sorry, that was impulsive," she adds as she takes an extra step back, "I'm just so glad to verify that I haven't lost my mind. You all need to stop playing tricks on my brain, it's getting really annoying!" 

"Sorry Sam, I actually tried to tell him this wasn’t a good idea," the guy says, and I wonder what the fuck they're talking about. 

Most importantly, who the fuck is this guy? 

"How come I remembered again?" Sam asks as she scratches the back of her neck. “Wait, wait,” she says exasperated all of a sudden. “You tried to tell… him? This wasn’t your brothers’ doing? Did Tane take my memories again?”

"I’m sorry Sam, I might have… Helped him do it," the guy says, and then smiles a really sad but cute smile for such a big and bulky guy. 

I’m looking back and forth between them, and I almost feel like I’m watching a movie, completely detached from what’s going on. But the more I look at him, the more the guy looks almost familiar. Like when you see an actor you know but you can’t quite remember which movie you’ve seen him in.

"Why?" Sam asks, sounding utterly surprised. 

The guy lifts his shoulders up, and I take his moment of silence as my queue to step in as I clear my throat loudly. Both of them look at me, as if finally remembering that I'm standing there as well. 

"Oh, so sorry," Sam says to me, and then she turns back around, "Can you restore her memory?" She asks, like that's the kind of question you ask a random guy in the middle of the woods everyday. What the fuck? 

"Will be my pleasure." Just like that, a wave of emotions and colour hits me so hard that I feel myself swirling inside a hurricane, and I have to brace my arms on my knees not to fall over. 

"Holly fucking mother fucker," I spit as the world stops churning and I step towards Rongo. "Your insolent brotherhood of godly pricks needs to stop messing around with people!" I yell as I poke a finger on his chest at each word. 

"Nice to have you back," Rongo ruffles my hair, and it infuriates me even more, so I punch him on the chest without thinking. 

Fuck, that hurts!