memory swiper

" this is why I said she should've came to see me "
your older brother spoke .

" she— no we don't need you " you heard shoto speak voice as monotoned as ever

" she doesn't know how to hamdle the new quirk how are you expecting to help her "

" ill figure out any ways possible i'd give my arm and my soul to help her knowing you would never do the same .

you watched as your older brother now named dabi walked up to shoto towering over him

" I understand your my little brother but let's not forget whos side i'm on okay " he bent down whispering in your brothers ear " hero " he said venom seeping in the word just like shotos words earlier.

You clutched your head as some of your brain flamed and some of your earlier memories rolled in.

Groaning out in pain seeing both the boys turn toward you

" what's going on " shoto asked you at your side within seconds

" m-my memories I can't remember much "

he sucked his teeth " what does that mean " he looked up at dabi asking not knowing what was going on

" she's not going to don't expect her to ." he said looking as though everything that happened was normal.

" don't expect too much from her in the next couple of days she may forget some things. " he sighed and mumbled "she lost her memories and there's gonna be a huge chance she won't get em back"

shoto looked a bit scared thinking about if you would forget him

" she'll forget " he mumbled again " it was doomed to happen this is why dad kept it locked down " he wiped his hand over his face " just keep trying to remind her she'll remember something eventually "

shoto speaking on your behalf seeing you clearly couldn't right now as you were still holding your head in pain " how do you know so much about her quirk she just got this new one you shouldn't know about it "

he sighed grabbing the door handle to what you guessed was your room door and spoke " Only endeavor and I know."

his grip on the knob tightened " I wasn't allowed to tell the rest of you I found out on well—" he stopped " let's say an accident and all I can say is the quirk she has now is not meant for her and it's too powerful for her body "

he opened the door" her body can't handle her own quirk it never fully emerged until now something must have pushed her over the edge and now she can't handle the full length of her quirk"

walking away and out the doors of your house he spoke " she's just like me " he mumbled.

Just like that he was gone and you looked up at shoto speaking

" w-who are you " you asked moving your body away from the boy closest to the edge of your bed ready to move on instinct.

he blinked " y/n "

" how do you know my name " you screamed

" y/n i'm your brother i'm shoto" he said saddened he had to reintroduce himself to his own sister

" do I have a brother " you asked confused your mind not able to piece together what you wanted for it so hardly to.

" yes wait here a second " he disappeared and you sat in the room looking around eyes puzzled trying to remember your space around you.

Finally returning he pointed to the spot next to you on the bed " can I sit next to you " he asked you shaking your head in response.

As he sat down next to you he pulled out a picture frame from behind his back showing it to you who took it out of his hands running your hand over the little version of the male beside you.

You laughed " you look happy here shoto " he smiled at your use of his name " do you remember "

you looked over looking your brother in his eye " yes somewhat I remember when we were young everything we went through I remember we have siblings and I remember dad but, I can't remember anyone else "

he smiled at the fact you couldn't remember dabi and took the photo back from you placing it on the desk near your bed.

" I feel kind of helpless I can't remember much " you tried to smile but it faltered causing shoto to speak " could I hug you "

you stared at him

" are you comfortable if not that's fine "

you threw your body on him looking for comfort and the two of you slammed back on your bed you wrapped in your brothers arms crying at how you couldn't seem to remember anything except for the basic things a human needed to know —you were sad.

Shoto could feel it every emotion you felt he could feel times ten burying your head in his chest you couldn't see the tear that dropped from shotos eye as he laid thinking about how much you had been through in such a short time he didn't understand why it kept getting worse for you.

He closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around you tighter.