Its Time To Acknowledge It

" hey what are you doing out here come in the house" you were sitting in your backyard trying to piece together what had happened the night before but eventually coming up with nothing

shoto came up next to you wrapping his arm around your shoulder and pulling you into him " hey what's on your mind "

you sighed you weren't gonna tell shoto he would have bakugous head in an instant " nothing just thinking "

he laughed " as much thinking as you've done out here you should remember your whole life story and mine"

you smiled " I wish " your smile faded words quiet " I wish —when's dad coming home "

shoto choked on dry air " d-da-dad—dad ?" he searched you face for the punchline to the joke
" when's da- why are you asking me this "

" I miss him "

shoto sat still unwrapping his arm from you " you miss him "

you laughed " yeah you can stop repeating everything I say 'roki "

" no don't—don't say my nickname like that after you said something disgusting like that "

your eyes went low in a squint looking towards your brother " you seem to have a problem with our whole family huh "

he sat confused " y/n please tell me you don't remember what he did or something because "

" no I remember I do "

" then why are you asking about him "

"because I miss him " he sat in shock had he missed something in these last few days or was your memory just complete and utter shit

" and I want to kick him in the balls for the last years" shotos mouth went wide

" I want to ask him why I deserved this I want him to see how tense I get when people yell at me how helpless I feel when i'm cornered how defenseless and scared I get when people raise their hand to me"

your tears fell " how I flinch when people I thought were my friends are just trying to comfort me "

you wiped your tears " I want to ask him why —what I did to deserve this am I evil ? is it because he knew my quirk was too powerful and hated me I just — I have to find out why— why do I have such a bad bruise on my back that i've gotten almost a year ago but it still hurts "

shoto tensed " b-bruise" you ignoring him in your monologue

" why didn't he tell me about this stupid quirk maybe then I wouldn't have forgotten everything because I knew it was coming "

shoto stopped you at that " no that's not true "

" h-huh "

" dabi told me you were gonna lose them regardless if you were told or not but the fact that you werent prepared for it is the problem "

" so I was gonna forget everything anyways - all my priceless memories the fun I had with my friends the boyfriend I supposedly had- our childhood —and dad and dabi were ok with not telling me that " your voice was low " so I could at least prepare "

shoto sighed and looked away " as much as I hate him I understand his reason "

" and what is that "

" he said he knew dad was gonna quit the abuse thing sooner or later because —he wanted to be the perfect number one hero which means no bad pasts —-he said he didnt know it was gonna happen around the time you lost your memories he said it worked out perfectly because you can make new ones now "

he smiled " y/n you may still have your old ones and I get that it's like reliving trauma but i'll go through it with you I even have a scar to show for it "

he laughed " but eventually your gonna have to stop looking in the past and move forward meaning you have a clean slate no dad just you who's free to think and do on your own —restart your first year of school. Make friends again but this time you can actually go out. , get a new boyfriend though i'm not too fond of it and maybe get one who won't die by the hands of bakugou though "

he grabbed your chin and pulled your body into a hug " you can even have your own dream" he bent down from the hug and whispered to you" if you wanna be number one hero like I know you do then you can finally live it out "

you smiled you never thought of it this way and now that he was saying it he almost brought to your attention how this might also be the happiest you've ever been .

"I-I want to "

" you want to what " he said pulling away from you to hover over and look down at you

" no I don't want I will become number one hero " you locked eyes with him determination showing through your gaze

" not only that I will rise to the top and stay number one hero even after "

he smirked at your confidence " dont get too cocky you gotta beat me first "