Chapter 14: London, London!

"Lovely Morning, Alexa and YN!" Mrs. Johnson greeted, looking lovely as ever. "YN, you're very early. I wasn't even expecting for this, I mean, aren't you still tired? I was expecting you to come this afternoon."

I chuckled, "It is very fine, Mrs. Johnson. I guess I am very excited since I'll be having my first day of my very first job here in London!" I kinda have this 'British' accent when I said that.

"Is that so, dear?" She smiled. "Okay, then." She handed me my name tag and faced Alexa. "Alexa, sweetie. Show YN how things are gonna work here in this cafe." Alexa nodded and put her hand on my back. She toured me around the shop and it was amazing.

"Whew." She took a deep breath and went inside a small room. "This one will be our room. We can have our break or even change our clothes here." She looks very tired but she doesn't stop smiling. Her smile reminds me of someone too. I smiled back at her and said thanks for the lovely tour. And not to mention, she also taught me how to pour coffee perfectly!

"No problem." She grinned. I put my name tag on the left side of my chest and put my hair into a bun. She looked at me and mouthed 'looking good'. I just smiled then we went outside the room and Mrs. Johnson came nearer to me.

"Looking great, YN." She complimented. "And you too, Alexa." As usual, she's always smiling.

Alexa grinned and said thanks. I said thanks too. Mrs. Johnson turned the sign open and after a minute, people came in.

"Goodluck on your first day." Alexa winked and handed me the menu. "Thanks." I whispered and she tapped my back and went to the kitchen.

"Good morning." A man in grey sweater with a little girl in his right side came in the shop. "Table for two."

"Good morning, sire!" I greeted. "Welcome to Sweet Little Things cafe. Right this way, sir." I walked to their table and they followed me. "Here's the menu." I gave the menu to the man right after they sat. He told me what he's going to order and wrote it immediately in a piece of paper.

"One cappucino, and two orders of banoffee pie." He stated. "Right away, sire!" I answered, turned back and gave the paper to Alexa.

"How's it going?" She asked.

"Doing well. Hehe." I chuckled. She smiled and mouthed 'nice'. She gave me the orders and I gave it to the man. "Enjoy!" I grinned, the man said thanks and started eating.

I did the same thing for hours and hours and I decided to take a break. I sighed and hold the tray I was holding tight. I kinda miss LA. Alexa noticed me and went nearer to me.

"Are you okay?" She whispered, sounding worried.

"Hmm," I sighed for the second time. "I guess I'm only tired and yeah, homesick."

"Don't worry." She encouraged and patted my back. "The store will be closing in 4 minutes. You can stay in the room I told you earlier." She smiled and patted my back again. She's very nice.

After 4 minutes of break, Mrs. Johnson closed the shop and approached me. "How was your first day YN?

"It was great!" I chuckled. "I had fun actually and the way I have to pour the coffee, it was freaking awesome!" Those words came from my mouth without the accent. Yeah, I was trying to speak using 'British' accent but I can't help it. Too hard for me. :)

"Yes, I guess you really did have fun today." She grinned. "Thank you. You two may go home now. Have a lovely night." Alexa and I smiled and went home.

"That was tiring but fun!" I started while we're walking.

"Yeah, you were great!" Alexa complimented.

"Uhh, no. Just no." I refused. "But thanks." She smiled and opened the door of our apartment. She went to the bathroom and I went to the other bathroom to take a quick bath. Good thing, we already ate our dinner at the shop. After taking a quick bath, I put my PJs on and put my rock band tshirt.

Alexa looked at me as she was reading a book.

"Woah." She reacted. "You must be really goth."

I was really shocked when she said that. "Glob, I'm not! I just like rock bands. Y-yeah."

"Fine." She laughed. "Anyway, do you read books?" She asked, smiling.

"Nope, I don't." I answered and she just chuckled. I browsed my text messages. I saw my mom texted me.

"Sweetie, we need to go talk on Skype. I miss my little darling."