37. Feelings can't be erased

Rosalie Tyrell

Catching my breath, I sit up with a peculiar feeling in my chest. My dreams have left me for a while now and if I'm being honest, I have stopped thinking about them altogether. I've given them no contemplation, looking for a way to forget. Sometimes it feels the more I see, less I know. It's not entirely clear, but I know there are storm clouds on the horizon and something wicked is coming our way. Jon is in danger, but so is Robb.

A sigh passes my lips as I collapse back on the pillow, swallowing thickly. I've started this journey with two handsome men on my mind, yet I have ended up with neither.

Jon's never going to be anyone's man, though if he showed his face here I'd beg him to take my hand and lead me away from this pain I'm enveloped in.

Robb is a different story. I'm not sure what I could possibly say if I ever saw his face again. Would I be angry? Sad? Would he hate me for leaving with no goodbye?

Scoffing, I roll my eyes. if anyone has any right to blame and hate someone, it's me. He had promised me so much and all he delivered on was heartache. Robb marrying Talisa, no matter what the reason may be, had made my heart harden with scar tissue wounds he inflicted caused. I always thought he'd be the death of me and I was right. A part of me is inevitably lost in him, desperately seeking his love despite all reason. He made me colder, wiser, and what was I to him? Not much, I suppose.

Staring at the cobblestones above my bed, I count the days since Roose Bolton took his leave. In a fortnight, he would be back with intent of marrying me. I had no intentions to accept, no matter the cost. If I shall die, it shall be while I am still me. Tyrell roses don't bend with the wind, they defy it.

"They will not break me." I whisper under my breath, determined not to show weakness. Perhaps grandmother would hear of this travesty and find a way to help me, or my siblings will. If not, I would stand tall and die with a smile on my lips.

It's been days since I've been allowed to leave my chambers, since Jaime left. They've not allowed me to see Brienne either. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised for the two of us would surely leave Bolton's men in pieces should one of us get a sword or two.

A loud knock on the old wooden door breaks me out of my thoughts, a gasp passing my lips.

"Get dressed."

Frowning, I do as I'm told, wondering what warrants the door being open aside from food and water they've been bringing twice a day.

Groaning at the fact Bolton left me only dresses to wear, I lace it up and bang my fist against the door, forcing a smile as they open.

"At least I know who my jailers are now." I exclaim, "If I'm ever in the position to repay you for that, I will." Taking a few steps, I pause, "Where am I supposed to go? I'm sure lord Bolton wouldn't like to be kept waiting."

"It's not lord Bolton, rather your husband. He's come back for you." A guard informs me and I raise an eyebrow, holding my tongue. Whoever lied about us being married surely did it for the right cause and if it saves me from being at the other end of a very sharp blade wielded by Roose Bolton, I'm going to play along.

Nodding, I turn away from them and pause...Back? They said he came back for me?

"Hello, love!" And that's when I hear the familiar voice and before I have a chance to lay my eyes upon him, my lips are captured with another pair of dry lips.

Trying to break the kiss, I find myself opening my eyes only to see him with a sly grin widening on his face. "Jaime", I breathe out as he nods.

"Yes, I'm your Jaime", he chuckles at the guards as he throws his left arm around me and I stifle the desire to punch him and press my lips into a smile.