44. Be yours, be mine

Rosalie wasn't sure how to feel about the plans her sister had put in motion. In the days that followed Olenna's departure, Rosalie watched her sister pursue Tommen. He was but a child surrounded by hypocrites willing to use him to their benefit.

Margaery is no better, Rosalie realized. None of them were any better.

"Rosalie", Jaime breathes out, losing his courage as he notices her pursed lips. He's been trying to find a proper time to speak to her, a time where their hearts and minds were calm. 

In all the waiting, ten days have passed and he had barely been able to sleep. Somehow, he had missed having her in his arms, inhaling her rosy scent and playing with her hair until he falls asleep. He's had a single night of bliss where he had simply laid by her side and he struggled to make peace with the possibility of it never coming to pass again.

Her eyes find his and Jaime loses his breath. In those brown eyes was the warmth of an everlasting hearth, as if they were the wood that could burn with golden flame yet be forever perfectly entire. 

"Did you need something, Sir Lannister?" She raises an eyebrow and Jaime lets out a breathless chuckle. The fire in her eyes he admires her for had always been fickle and it seemed as if he had found himself burned by the flames. Strangely enough, Jaime liked it. If she's still angry at him, she cares. She cares enough to hold a grudge and keep him in her thoughts.

"Only you", Jaime licks his lips as he steps closer, "Lady Lannister." He dares to address her as his wife, hoping she'd see it as a way of admitting defeat. He hoped she would see it as an apology, as a peace treaty. 

Scoffing, Rosalie turns away from Jaime. She had enough of his wicked games, they've caused her enough heartache. She just wanted to be someone important to him, to be his sunrise and sunset. 

If she were honest, she wanted to be what she was once to Robb - an equal partner where she could speak her mind and still have him by her side at night. She was never afraid to tell Robb exactly how she feels if she felt he needed to hear it, but Jaime's different. He's a flight risk and his past will always make her weary of their future, yet she craves his smile as he stands before her now.

Waving him over, she starts walking down the stairs, heading toward where she and Sansa had their last heart to heart. 

Without a word, Jaime follows after, understanding her need for privacy. After all, the entire kingdom has likely heard the rumor of their marriage and Jaime truly hoped those rumors would become a fact.

Rosalie stops at the bottom, not looking back. Her eyes are set on the waves kissing the shore, a distant look hiding so much pride and sorrow that Jaime didn't know what he could possibly say to lighten the burden.

"I kissed Cersei", Jaime blurts out, deciding to be honest.

Closing her eyes, Rosalie held her breath before sighing. The sigh fluttered on the winds like a butterfly decorated with a perfidy amount of colors. Desire and disgust streamed through the air. Disappointment decorated the air leaving a path. A sigh of worry. A sigh of  sadness and fear. 

"What am I supposed to do with that?" She glances at him, hurt evident in her narrowed eyes and shaky voice. She didn't know if she should scream at him, push him into the water or if she should cry. She really wanted to cry.

"I didn't want to hurt you, but if were to have an honest conversation about us then you should know all the facts." Jaime reaches for her hand only for her to recoil, taking a step back.

"You did more than hurt me", Rosalie manages to say before turning away from Jaime. She didn't want to risk tearing up before him. She wraps her arms around herself, pressing her lips together as she holds her breath to keep the tears at bay.