85. No regrets

Jon Snow - Beyond the Wall

The surrounding snow didn't bother Jon, the cold having little impact on him. Robb didn't seem quite as content, shivering with each time the wind blows. It's strange just how different their experience with death is, while Robb seemed accustomed to the fire within, Jon had found a kinship in the never-ending cold that settled deep inside his chest. He wasn't shivering because he's always freezing from the glaciers death created when he was claimed in the snowy night his once brothers betrayed him.

The little warmth his mind offered him with a hallucination of Rosalie was eventually extinguished. She had not been there after all, despite his hope of it being true, a vision. For some reason, Jon wanted to believe she appeared to him, that her soul would have felt his as it withered in the ice he bled onto. 

Swallowing thickly, he glances at Robb. His brother isn't suspecting anything, kept in the dark about the words Rosalie and Jon exchanged before they ventured in different directions for the time being. 

For once, Jon had no worries about Rosalie's safety. His eyes have been open, yet his heart remains entangled in the way the Rosalie he's gotten to know is still capable of leaving him awestruck. Perhaps she's not the innocent girl he imagined her as, not the rose bending under the weight of the howling winds and coming winter, but a warrior with a shield made of the sharpest of thorns, not just able to survive the harshest conditions, but to thrive in them.

"It is not fair of me to ask this of you, Jon Snow, but I need you to do something for me; the woman you claim you love."

She frowns deeply as if it hurts her to request such a thing with words she used specifically to aim at his heart. Jon's not as blind as she may perceive him to be, he knows she said so in order to better her chances to have him agree.

Jon found it silly, as if she ever needed to win his devotion. He's been devoted for so long, he wouldn't know how not to be. She had gotten too close once and he never forgot it. There had never been any doubt about the way he feels for her or of the things he'd do in her name.

"Anything", he responds.

She's caught off guard by how quickly he seems to have accepted without truly knowing what it is that she wants from him. Rosalie's cheeks darken and Jon cannot help but be amazed by how blind she is to his feelings for her. There is no such storm or spell strong enough to compare to the way she had ravished his heart. He's in too deep to get out, not that he wants to. 

Blinking fast, she releases a heavy breath as her eyes glance at his hand on his sword. If it weren't so inappropriate, Jon would have laid the sword at her feet and officially promised her his allegiance, but he cannot. Not now when Robb is back and so clearly in her mercy. 

"I need you to get close to Daenerys Targaryen", Rosalie presses her lips in a thin line, noticing Jon's eyebrows raise at what she spoke. 

"When you say close?" Jon pauses, allowing her to explain.

"I mean close enough to know everything she knows before she's even aware she knows it", Rosalie's words further confuse him as his heart sinks.

She can't possibly insinuate....Can she?

"I mean close enough that she'd open her heart and mind to you." Rosalie continues despite the aghast look on Jon's face.

"What makes you think she'd want anything to do with me?" Jon's brows furrow, his lips parting.

Smiling, Rosalie's eyes soften. "Because she'd be a fool to turn away from you, Jon Snow. You're an incredible man of many talents and I believe you more than capable of winning her heart."