78. Look for me (part 2)

The coldness of metal brings a shiver down Robb's spine, but he does not fret. He feels the warmth of his blood gliding over his neck, ending it's path in his collar which gladly absorbs the red matter.

Fire in his eyes does not extinguish, but the flames are wildly flickering, growing with each second they're connected to her earthly hues. There's nothing in the world he quite wanted as much as Rosalie's attention on him - even if it would prove deadly.

"Do it", he says with no doubt permeating in his voice. 

Caught off guard, Rosalie's eyes narrow with his words. Her lips part, but the pressure of her blade on his neck remains the same. Though surprised by his plea, Rosalie knows better than to succumb to her emotional turmoil now. 

"I will", she responds through gritted teeth. 

As strong-willed and impossibly fierce she may be, Robb could note the way her hesitation allows him to breathe still. If she truly wanted to, he'd be meeting the darkness death brings once more, but this uncertainty in her attack gave him confidence. There is a reason he's still standing, whatever it may be, Robb chooses to believe it's her love for him. He chooses to believe the feelings she once harbored have survived the test of time and that his years spent hoping were not spent in vain. 

Smiling softly, Robb raises his brows. "Do you assume I deem you incapable?" 

Releasing a shaky breath, Rosalie blinks. 

"I know well what you're capable of, little rose. It's why I loved you", Robb glances at her hands. She's steady, showing no signs of pulling away and he can't help but grin. "And why I still love you." 

Clicking her tongue, she shakes her head lightly. "Do you believe me to be so easily swayed by words? Is your silver tongue all you've got in your defense?"

Leaning his head back, he sighs. "I've died before, my love. If I have to do it again, I'd rather it be you who wields the sword." Licking his lips, he glances at the sword, "At least this time I'll take my last breath with you, instead of wishing I was in your arms."

Moving forth, Robb notes her release the pressure on his throat. If she didn't, he could have easily been killed. She moved it back herself, without showing concern or shock. He couldn't read her quite as easily as he once did. Even then she was somewhat a mystery, far better at mind games than he ever was, but now? Anything he notices, she wanted him to notice. Anything she wants him to know, he will know. She's in control, not him. The only reason he's gotten to this point is because she allowed him to.

Her silence allows him to speak, trying to reach her, to make her understand. 

"Do you know what was my last thought?" He raises his hand, closing it around the blade. "The very last thing that went through my mind as my heart was beating its last beat?" Robb slowly moves the tip of the sword as Rosalie's eye twitches ever so slightly. 

She's struggling between her past and present self, trying to stop herself from being governed by feelings she had tried so hard to bury. It's proving itself to be a difficult task, much like trying to stop the ocean waves from crashing on the shore. Once the wave is set in motion, there isn't a human capable of preventing it from reaching its destination. Her grief was the wave. She did all in her power to stop it from forming, to learn how to destroy the winds building the wave up. That grief had now turned to anger and the waves have formed so quickly she could feel the water rising, drowning her. She always imagined anger to be fire, but there was no fire that could compare to the burning sensation sea water could cause in ones lungs and throat as they drown. 

Inhaling sharply, she locked her eyes on him. She could not waver now. 

"Was it the wife you took instead of the Frey bride you've promised to marry?" She raises an eyebrow. "Or perhaps the North you've surrendered to the Boltons?" With a smirk, she watched as his smile disappeared, "Or the fact you have let down everyone who believed in you?"