70. A target

Rosalie Tyrell - Winterfell

She didn't dream ever since Dorne. Rosalie's dreams were once vibrant with memories, with Robb's presence she missed dearly. It hurt to admit she was beginning to forget the gentle lines of his handsome face, the unbreakable desire to protect his family in his blue eyes and the unbearably soft tone he had used talking to her. 

Tears rush to the surface as a sob escapes her. Rosalie wished he was still with her for he'd know what to say now. Robb would be able to console her, to remind her she's not alone in the world. Her grandmother is all she has now and last she heard of her was that Olenna is gone to find allies in a war she means to start. 

Soon enough, Rosalie will find herself all alone in Highgarden. She'll have to take over and lead her people. The burden she thought would fall on Loras is now hers. She expected to lead Winterfell, but she was supposed to have help; she was supposed to have Robb. 

Hiding in Winterfell won't be possible for long. Eventually, Rosalie will have to get on her horse and head south in this winter in hope she can find her way home.

It's odd, she has spent so long dreaming of going home that it never occurred to her Highgarden barely feels like home now. Her home was taken from her when they killed Robb, when they killed her sister and brother and father. 

The Lannisters have destroyed her family. 

Wiping her tears, Rosalie stands. She has barely eaten anything and her body could hardly withstand the weight of her sorrow now. Heading to Robb's chest, Rosalie fell to her knees. Staring at the chest, her lips quiver as her heart clenches beneath her ribcage. 

Letting out a shuddered breath, she places a shaky hand over the chest. She wasn't brave enough to open it before, to face the last remnants of Robb. She wasn't ready to hold her breath as she did now, as her hands forced the chest open. 

Swallowing thickly, she inhales deeply. Closing her eyes, her face twists in pain as a trembling breath escapes her. 

Grabbing the cloak from the top, Rosalie brings it to her nose. 

It smells just like him - just as he did that night he had promised her he'd always love her, just the same as the night he found her at the hot spring. Wrapping the cloak around her, Rosalie rubs her cheek on the soft fur around her neck. 

She used to wonder if she'd ever come to Winterfell if she ever knew of the pain that would come with falling in love with Robb. Now she knew...she'd do it all over again. The love she felt with him has been the epitome of happiness she experienced in her life. Everything else pales in comparison. 

Taking a deep breath, she exhales loudly. If she could face this - the memory of her true love and the knowledge she'd never see him again, she can face anything. Olenna wants to start a war against the Lannisters? So does she!

Lannisters always pay their debts...So does Rosalie Tyrell. 

Standing, though weak, Rosalie feels powerful. Sometimes, there's honor in revenge and she intends to seek it. She will make sure the Lannister line ends with Cersei...with Jaime. 

In order to do so, she must make herself strong again. She must eat, she must train and when the time comes, she must ride south. She doesn't need allies or armies - all she needs is a pretty little vial of poison, red wine and an easily concealed dagger in case the poison doesn't finish the job. 

Heading for the door, she wonders if unclasping the cloak would be wise in order not to ruffle any feathers. Pondering on how everyone would react, Rosalie shakes her head. She can't physically bare to part with it now - not while it still carries Robb's scent. She wouldn't sacrifice a single moment of feeling he's with her for anything in the world.