06. Tragedy

Walking inside with Robb right behind me felt right. Warmth rushed through my blood, reminding me of how safe and content I felt in the bath earlier. I smile, shaking my head once I remember how unsure I was about Robb and the North at first, even today. Being with him now simply makes it all seem silly, knowing he's a good man first and foremost. I know I can count on him.

"What's that smile for?" He raises an eyebrow, his lips twitching as he fights a smile from taking over his still boyish features. There's something so innocent yet intimidating about Robb and I have yet to find what, but I know I'll enjoy searching for it in the time being.

"I'm just happy to be here. With you." I reply, turning my body toward him with a coy smile.

Robb's eyes narrow, the corners crinkling in the process as his fight to keep a smile at bay fails and his face lights up completely with joy. I've made him smile so softly, so utterly true that he no longer wishes to hide it and I find myself being proud with the fact.

"Would you consider staying here, little flower? Even if the winter tends to freeze every beautiful rose? Would you stay with me?" His honest eyes bored into mine as if trying to convince me to stay if I have anything different in mind. But how could I ever leave him behind?

Yes, the winter is coming and although he is a Stark of North, I find him warmer than the entire South. Winter is what I had in my heart and life before this day, but now I'm melting and it's all under the blue flames of his eyes that I find entrancing and alluring like nothing I've ever encountered.

Before I have a chance to respond, realizing we've been staring at one another in silence, a slight commotion comes from my earlier table and we both turn to see what's the cause.

Robb's younger sister flipped food onto Sansa's face and although the adult inside me wants to react maturely and scrutinize the young girl, I find myself bursting out with laughter and Robb is stifling a laugh as well.

One look to his mother is all it takes for him to move toward the table and hoist his younger sister into his arms with a fond smile stained upon his lips. And I wonder if he has that smile eternally glued to his face, never realizing how a simple gesture as that can evoke so many feelings deep inside my soul.

Among millions of things that pass through my head daily, one seems to stick; Robb is the one.

"Time for bed." He speaks and I find myself following him to put the young ones to bed.

I was never a big fan of children, yet I wouldn't mind having children with him one day. It's the way he handles them with such ease and love in his eyes, not minding his sister fighting the order or his younger brothers who are anything but interested in falling asleep.

"Didn't think you'd want a part in the madness." Robb chuckles, still holding the girl in his arms who turns to me with wide eyes.

"You're the one on the horse!" She exclaims and I smile, nodding.

"Yes, I am."

Arya's lips part as the realization resonates inside her mind. Her lips press together and her face turns impassive as if she wasn't excited about it a moment ago.

"I'm sure all girls ride in the South." She says, turning a little sad and Robb looks to me with slight worry.

"Not at all." I speak up and her head whips toward me in surprise.

"I've had to fight my grandmother tooth and nail to be even given a chance to touch a horse. I'm simply lucky my father didn't mind. He allowed me to train with my brother Loras. You see, my brother is a knight." I explain, watching her little face light up with each word leaving my lips. I could see her admiration grow and I know right away she's not like her sister. She's like me.