68. Promises

Robb Stark

Breathing heavily, Robb frowns as he stumbles inside the throne room. The stale air had not changed and neither did its dampening mood. What adds to the misery is the continuous attack on the Great Pyramid they've found themselves in immediately upon their return.

Robb is exhausted from the trip, dreaming of a warm bath and uninterrupted night of sleep. He longs to dream again, to see Rosalie in the dreams he's hoping to make reality. He doesn't want to fake his loyalty to a queen who seems far too alike her mad ancestros, he doesn't want to pretend cutting Tyrion's throat isn't on his wish-list and he most certainly doesn't want to smile as if he's not a broken man trying to return to his other half. 

Regardless of Robb's wants, the Masters' men are launching flaming projectiles at the Great Pyramid and surrounding city from their ships. The great queen watches from atop a balcony of the Great Pyramid, her body rigid as it always is when she's ready to burn someone to a crisp.. She returns to the interior, to where Tyrion awaits while the rest of them are sat in the back. 

Daenerys approaches him. An explosion occurs outside.

"Despite appearances, I think you'll find the city's on the rise", Tyrion tries, sheepishly smiling as if that's going to save him.

An explosion occurs outside, erasing his attempt at a smile instantaneously. "Perhaps we should take shelter."

An explosion occurs outside, making Robb chuckle lowly. Earning himself a glare from Daenerys, Robb purses his lips and leans back. Better not get involved and risk his neck for the fool who had managed to lose the city in their absence. 

"The city is on the rise?" Daenerys asks, her tone sharp as are her dragon's teeth.

"Meereen is strong. Commerce has returned to the markets. The people are behind you." Tyrion speaks quickly, though a new explosion interrupts him. Clearing his voice, he dares to stare back at Daenerys and continue. "Well, not all the people, of course. No ruler that ever lived had the support of all the people. But the rebirth of Meereen is the cause of this violence. The Masters cannot let Meereen succeed. Because if Meereen succeeds, a city without slavery, a city without Masters..." Another explosion occurs. "...it proves that no one needs a Master."

Licking her lips, Daenerys nods. "Good. Shall we begin?"

"Begin what?" Robb perks up, aware this might be the time to ask questions instead of blindly following her orders.

Tyrion joins in, "Do we have a plan?"

Stepping forth, she folds her hands in front of her stomach. "I will crucify the Masters. I will set their fleets afire, kill every last one of their soldiers, and return their cities to the dirt. That is my plan."

Tyrion tightens his jaw and looks away.

Shaking his head at Tyrion's silence, Robb stands. "So nothing extreme, right? Just massacre everyone and then tell the people how fair their queen is?"

She furrows her brows. "You don't approve?"

"As someone who had lost family to what the Mad King had done, I do not approve of his exact methods, no. Especially not when the person carrying them out keeps claiming she's different." Robb's heavy breaths fills the room, his chest rising accordingly. His fists are closed, his lips turned in a scowl and his icy blue eyes are electric with rage.

Staring at Daenerys, Robb waited for her outburst. He waited for her to raise her voice and throw threats his way, to sentence him to death as her father would. He knows she has the same spark of madness, of hunger for power inside of her and he's trying to prove it - not to himself, but to others.