𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢.

"𝔐𝔦𝔫𝔡 𝔶𝔬𝔲 ℑ 𝔡𝔦𝔡𝔫'𝔱 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 𝔨𝔫𝔬𝔴

"𝔐𝔦𝔫𝔡 𝔶𝔬𝔲 ℑ 𝔡𝔦𝔡𝔫'𝔱 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 𝔨𝔫𝔬𝔴."

"Sure you didn't." Ernie and Avril were walking towards Umbridge's office, it was the dreaded day of Avril's detention with the toad herself.

"I'll see you later, monkey. Kisses." She waved at him then knocked on the door rather loudly, Harry who was inside of the office was startled by the disturbing noise.

"Ah Miss Baudelaire, finally decided to grace us with your presence." Umbridge spoke with the fake smile that was always attached to that musty face of hers.

"Why yes I have, Dolores." Avril smiled sweetly.

Umbridge huffed. "Have a seat next to Mr. Potter, you will be writing lines." She motioned towards a desk beside Harry that supplies parchment and quill. Harry looked over at her and gave her small smile she simply looked at him then back at the desk. He was a bit confused as to why she didn't return he gesture, usually she was already smiling. Avril eyed the quill intensely; she knew exactly what it did. "Is something wrong, Miss. Baudelaire."

"Not likely, Dolores." Avril took a seat at the desk as she picked up the quill staring down at the parchment, not lifting her eyes as she felt both  peoples gazes on her figure. "What must I write."

"You Miss. Baudelaire shall write, 'I must obey' and you Mr. Potter shall write 'I must not tell lies'."

"How many times." Harry spoke lowly.

"Until it sinks in." Umbridge grinned wickedly. "Come on don't don't just sit there, write!"

Avril began to write, a few minutes in she heard Harry wince she knew what was happening already as it was doing the same to her own hand. He looked over at the girl who simply continued writing as if the words was were not being cut into her skin, she looked as if she was writing an essay as simple as that.

"Is something wrong?" Umbridge asked as she watched Harry stop.

"No."

"Well then continue, no need to pause."

Harry and Avril continued writing for a few hours, the pain wasn't a problem with Avril she wasn't really affected by it unlike Harry who's hand was in immense pain.

"Miss Baudelaire, hand please." Avril held her hand out for the lady. "Potter." He held his hand out as Umbridge examined it, Harry hurried out of the office once she dismissed them while Avril took her time.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked once the two were in the corridor alone.

Avril looked at the boy with a kind smile. "Perfectly fine." There was meowing echoing throughout the area, Harry and Avril looked behind them to see Maurice strutting their way sporting a diamond tiara. "Maurice! Oh you lovely kitty!"

Harry smiled watching Avril be so kind and lovely to the small creature. "I should probably get back to the common room before Hermione and Ron get worried."

She continued looking at the kitty as she spoke. "Of course, Maurice and I must get back to Monkey." Avril looked up at Harry who was already looking at her, she gave him a small smile. "I had a delightful time in detention hopefully it's just as fun tomorrow. Bye Kitten." She waved at the boy who have her a small wave in return.

Detention was just as barbaric as it was the day before, Harry's hand was in even more pain while Avril thought is was tolerable.

Meanwhile Hermione had come up with idea for Harry to teach lessons of Defense Against the Dark Arts, interactive lessons to protect and defend. He agreed and immediately the word spread around to people who wanted join that a meeting would be held at Hogshead.

Harry was looking for Avril to tell her about the meeting, he found her on a courtyard bench reading a book while Maurice was cuddled into her side.

"Avril." The white haired girl looked up and pulled her hood off from her cloak.

"Hello, Potty."

"I just wanted to speak to you if you don't mind?" She shook her head. "Well Hermione thought it would be useful if I taught lessons on Defense Against the Dark Arts, secretly of course. And there's going to be a meeting at Hogshead, so I was wondering if you were interested in going."

Avril looked at the boy and smiled sadly. "I'm sorry, Potty. I would go but Maurice and I have to get flowers for my parents." Harry looked at her confused, she told Hermione that he parents were dead; she lied.

He was a bit skeptical. "That's okay, I'll see around then." He got up and started to walk off until Avril spoke up.

"If I have time then I'll try and stop by." She said softly, Harry didn't look back at her he simply just nodded his head, he couldn't believe she lied to Hermione about her parents being dead. Did she do it for attention, for sympathy? Who knows what else she lied about now that he thought about it.

"Hermione." Harry called out to the bushy haired girl as he entered the common room, she looked up from her potions essay. "Avril told you her parents were dead?"

"Yes."

"She lied."

"What are you talking about, mate?" Ron asked as he sat up now interested in the conversation.

"I asked her if she was going to the meeting and she said that her plans were already made needing to get flowers for her parents." Harry explained.

Ron looked shock and Hermione looked betrayed. "She could be lying about a lot of other stuff too."