𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶.

"𝔚𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔡𝔬 ℑ 𝔡𝔬?"

"𝔚𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔡𝔬 ℑ 𝔡𝔬?"

Harry watched as Avril conversed with Fred and George on the other side of the dinner table, she looked cheerful and carefree; something that he wasn't.

"Just give her time." Hermione sighed. "I know Avril and she just needs a break, she'll come around soon."

"I know her too, Hermione." said Harry in a defensive tone.

"What happened?" asked Ron who was completely oblivious to the situation.

"Avril believes that Harry and Ginny are together."

"What?" Ron's jaw dropped. "You're with Ginny?"

"No! I'm not." Harry sighed getting frustrated. "She saw Ginny and I talking alone, but it was nothing like that. I don't see Ginny in that way, she's like a sister to me and she is your sister, Ron."

"Thanks, mate." he patted his shoulder. "What were you guys talking about?"

"Nothing important...What am I gonna do about Avril?"

"Like I said just give her time." Hermione said as she looked over at the white haired girl who threw her head back in laughter.

"Do you fancy her?" Ron asked.

Harry looked at the girl then back to his best friends. "Yea."

"Do you fancy Ginny?"

"No."

"Then that's settled." Ron leaned back in his chair.

"No it's not." Hermione looked at him with annoyance clear in her expression. "Harry has these messy feelings-

"Hey!" Harry exclaimed.

She ignored him and continued. "He doesn't know how to express his true feelings towards Avril. She doesn't know if you, Harry, like her, hate her, miss her, or over all want to strangle her out of frustration."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Of course you don't." Hermione rolled her eyes.

"I'm going to talk to her tomorrow." Harry said.

"No you're not, Harry."

"Yes I am, Hermione."

"You need to give her space."

"I think I've given her more than enough."

Later that night everyone went to sleep, Ron and Harry sleeping in one room, and Ginny and Hermione together. Avril was was staying in Bill's old room, once she was done unpacking she picked up Minnie and sat on the small bed.

Avril stroked the kitten's black fur gently, her eyes stared down at the royal blue ring Harry had gifted her. A tear fell down her cheek as she sat in silence thinking about all of the memories her and Harry had together, the sad, the cheerful, romantic, chaotic, and unpleasant.

It was clear to her that she did in fact love him but she couldn't help but realise how many times he hurt her; emotionally. Avril wasn't one to get upset but many of the times she had been were caused by Harry, wether it be assuming she lied, kissing another girl, being a complete git, or just confusing her with his deranged feelings.

Avril took off the ring and pulled out the velvet dark blue box that was at the bottom of her trunk, she placed the ring in gently. She shut the box and placed it on the bedside table, staring at it sadly. Avril sniffled and rubbed her eyes with her pyjama sleeves as she laid back resting her head on the pillow, staring up at the ceiling. There was a gentle knock on the door causing Avril to rub her face with her hands trying to cover up any evidence of her crying.

"Come in." She said quietly sitting up, the door opened slowly to reveal a tired looking Fred, Avril gave him a small smile. "Hello Freddie, love. And what do I owe you at this hour?"

Fred smiled as he sat down on the bed beside her and stretched. "Couldn't sleep and I'm bored so I thought you could entertain me."

"How lovely."

"Very."

Avril chuckled and laid back once again staring at the ceiling. "Do tell me about Weasley's Wizard Wheezes."

"Well it's bloody brilliant." Fred said as he laid back. "There's tons of stuff, Puruvian Instant Darkness Powder, Portable Swamps, Weasley's Wildfire Whiz-bangs, Love Potions-

"Love Potions?" Avril asked as she turned to look at him.

"Yea, they really do work." he turned to look at her only to realise their faces were mere inches apart. "There's loads of other wicked things that I'm sure you'd really enjoy."

"Take me sometime, yes?"

"Yea." Fred nodded as he stared into Avril's twinkling grey eyes, he was so mesmerised that he didn't even notice he was leaning in.

She did in fact notice he was moving closer to her as she spoke in a whisper. "Fred."

"Yes?"

"Meow."

Fred chuckled before closing the gap between them placing a hand on her waist as he sat up, Avril placed a hand on his cheek as she kissed him back. It wasn't a passionate or heated kiss, it was simple and sweet. It wasn't like kissing Harry and she felt really guilty comparing Fred to him but she couldn't help it, it just felt completely different. She pulled back catching her breathe as he did the same, Fred smiled down at her admiring her beauty as the moonlight from the window zeroed in on her complexion.

"That was quiet lovely wasn't it?" Avril said as she looked up at the red head with a small smile.

"Indeed it was."

"Not as nice as spewing shit that looks like unicorn caca, but close enough."

Fred chuckled and nodded. "That's fair."

Avril looked at the clock on the wall reading 1:22, she quietly yawned at looked over at the boy who was also staring at the clock. "It's a bit late don't you think, Freddie darling?"

"It seems it is." he patted her knee and stood up. "I should probably go back before George goes looking for me."

"Well love, very delightful time I had with you."

"I could say the same, little monkey." Fred ruffled her hair then placed a gentle kiss on her cheek. "Goodnight, Avril."

Avril nodded and smiled kindly at the Weasley boy. "Goodnight, dearest Freddie."