𝔰𝔦𝔵.

"𝔏𝔦𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔢𝔰 𝔬𝔯 ℜ𝔬𝔰𝔢𝔰, 𝔐𝔞𝔲𝔯𝔦𝔠𝔢?"

Maurice pawed at the roses, Avril picked them up swiftly and carried them to check out. She was in Hogsmeads picking flowers out for her parents grave, it was the anniversary of their death.

Harry watched the white haired girl pick out flowers from the window of the shop, Hermione, Ron and himself were outside of Hogsheads waiting for the others. He still couldn't believe she lied about her parent being dead, or so he thought.

"I miss them, Maurice." Tears slowly slid down the girl's rosy cheeks as she exited the shop unaware of the bespectacled boy that was watching her. "Let's go now, don't want to be late."

"You know I'm still shocked that she lied." Ron said.

"Who lied?" Ginny asked as she walked up to them.

"Avril." Hermione said as she glared at the girl who was walking back to the castle.

"She's a bit...you know."

"Mental." Harry said feeling betrayed by the girl he developed feelings for.

"Now you get it!" Ron said as he clapped Harry's shoulder.

"Hello Mr Professor Dumbledore." Avril smiled sadly at the Headmaster who stood behind his desk.

"Hello Miss. Baudelaire, are you sure you would like to go alone?"

"Yes sir." Dumbledore nodded and smiled down at the girl sadly as she gently held onto his arm, they disapperated to the graveyard her parents resided at. "Thank you, sir."

"Of course, I shall be back in exactly one hour, correct?" She nodded as he patted her shoulder. "Take your time." And with that he disappearated leaving Avril alone in the cold, gloomy, stormy graveyard.

She walked up to her parents headstones and smiled down at them as tears silently fell from her no longer bright grey eyes, the color was extinguished once she arrived at the graveyard.

"Hello Mum, Dad. Maurice was supposed to come but Mr Professor Dumbly said it would be best if she didn't come." Avril sat down in front of the headstones. "I brought roses, Mum's favorite. It was between lilies and roses Maurice picked them out."
She placed the bouquet in the middle of the headstones where they connected, she pressed her hand against the stone. "I made some new friends, their really kind and quite divine. Their names are Hermione, Ron, and Harry. Hermione has bushy brown hair and she has big brains, incredibly smart. Ron has red hair he's a Weasley, the boy really know how to joke I appreciate is sense of humor he's almost as funny as me but not quite yet." She paused for a while. "Then there's Harry. He has raven black hair and beautiful forest green eyes, their quite dazzling really. I believe I am the closets with him out of the three, I feel like he understands me a bit more than the others do which is nice. Especially when you've been misunderstood your entire life."

Rain started to pour down on the girl as she sat surrounded by graves upon headstones, alone in the dark, depressing, graveyard. She pulled up her hood but the rain continued to mix with her tears.

"I miss Cedric, he's gone and will never come back. I told him I loved him the day of the last task, he smiled down at me and said...

"I love you too, Avril. Please remember that always. I promise I'll come back with the cup, I'll win eternal glory for you. I promise"  Cedric held out his pinkie for Avril to take, she gently wrapped hers around his. He brought their pinkies up to his lips and kissed them gently. "I promise."

"He never came back."

The meeting was successful, people actually wanted to learn from Harry which was a surprise to him. Everyone that he was a lying nutter at the beginning of the year and now their relying on him to teach them Defense Against the Dark Arts.

"Have you seen Avril?" Harry asked Ron as they entered the great hall.

"No, why would you want to speak to her after she lied."

"To confront her." Ron nodded understandingly.

"Harry." Hermione said as she looked at the entrance of the great hall where Avril walked in with Maurice who wore a flower crown. Harry stood up abruptly and walked quickly over to the girl, he grabbed her arm to stop her from walking towards the Hufflepuff table.

She turned around and Harry couldn't help but notice how puffy and red her eyes were but she still managed to smile kindly. "Oh hello, Potty."

"Can we talk." He demanded rather than questioned.

"I must speak to Monkey about something but once I'm..."

Harry cut her off. "No Avril now."

She looked over at Ernie who looked at her sadly, Harry followed her gaze and saw the sad boy turn around. "Oh." Was all she said as he dragged her into an empty corridor far away from everyone.

"You lied." Harry said coldly.

"What are you talking about, Potty?" Avril asked as she kept her eyes on the white kitten scratching behind her ear.

"Look at me!" He shouted, she slowly looked up unfazed by his yelling. "You lied to Hermione about your parents being dead."

She looked at him with hurt evident in her eyes. "I did not."

"Then why were you not able to go to Hogshead, why were you buying flowers for your parents?"

"Harry, today is the anniversary of their death, every year since I was eleven Dumbledore has taken me to visit their graves. I bring flowers to them every year, it's a tradition." This was the first time Harry ever heard Avril sound sincere, almost serious. "That's why I could not go to the little meeting, I didn't lie, I don't lie, I never lie. Lying is gross and I would never do such a thing."

Harry's eyes softened as he realized the truth, Merlin he felt like such an awful person for assuming such a thing. "Avril I'm-

She cut him off. "It's okay, I need to go speak to Monkey...Bye, Harry."

Avril walked off leaving Harry behind feeling incredibly stupid, she didn't even call himPotty like she usually did. She called him Harry, that's how he knew he fucked up big time.