𝔱𝔢𝔫.

𝔄𝔳𝔯𝔦𝔩 had not been seen at Hogwarts since Maurice's burial, the Golden trio noticed she hadn't attended her classes the next day nor the day after and the day after that and so on and so forth

Harry bombarded Ernie with an a absurd amount of questions ever since the white haired girls so called "disappearance". The only ones aware of Avril's current location was Dumbledore and Ernie, the boy swore not to tell a soul where she had gone; that he did.

It was the month of December and now Avril had been gone for a couple of months, Harry had hoped to at least receive a letter of some sort with an explanation from Avril but nothing came. He remembered her birthday, December Twenty-fourth not too far away.

"The final DA meeting before the holiday is today, remember?" said Hermione and herself, Ron, and Harry ate breakfast.

"Yea." Harry nodded, his head was still wrapped around the thought of Avril. He missed her so much it was indescribable, his heart ached at thought of her leaving without an explanation. But he was also infuriated. To say Harry was angry with Avril was an understatement, he couldn't believe someone could be so selfish to just up and leave.

"She'll come around." Ron patted his shoulder.

"Harry, you can't be upset with her. She's been through so much and with Maurice's passing it just puts her in a horrible state."

"She left, Hermione!" Harry exclaimed, well aware that people around them were now listening. "How would you feel if I just left one night without an explanation, you wouldn't feel too nice would you."

"Hermione has a point, Harry." Ron said.

"Oh so you're taking her side, thanks Ron."

"There are no sides! Honestly Harry you're being ridiculous." Hermione huffed as she stood up collecting her books. "How do you think I feel, you're not the only one who feels hurt, Harry. She left us, Ron, you, and I, and how do you think Ernie feels. Ever thought of that, no you haven't your too busy being self absorbed." And with that she stormed out of the great hall.

As Hermione walked at fast pace through the corridor she managed to bump into someone. "I'm so sorry I- AVRIL!"

"Hello, Hermione Jean Granger." The white haired girl smiled kindly.

Hermione threw herself at the girl and pulled her into a bone crushing hug. "Where have you been! Are you okay? We missed you so so so much. I have been so worried about you. Ron has been all over the place, and Harry takes his temper out on everyone."

"Lovie, I'm excellent, just some business to tend to nothing that matters really." Avril pulled away from the hug. "Dearie I must see my love Monkey."

"I'll come with you, he's in the great hall."

The pair walked to the great hall and immediately all eyes fell on the white haired girl who had been gone for merlin knows how long.

"Avril." Ernie ran over to the girl and held her tightly. "Are you okay now?"

"Yes my love, staying for good. Snivellus was probably in a poopy mood since I wasn't there to care for him."

Ernie chuckled and shook his head. "I'm glad everything's well."

"Indeed it is, Monkey."

"Do you mind if I sit with you, Harry and Ron are being a bit daft." Hermione said as they made their way to the Hufflepuff table.

"Not at all." Ernie said.

"She's back." Ron said as he watched the white haired girl talk to a group of people whom now surrounded her.

"Probably loves the attention." Harry muttered.

"Come off it, Harry. You know she doesn't, she hates it just as much as you do."

"I just- I can't believe she left."

"She's here now and that's all that matters."

Harry shook his head. "I'm heading to Transfiguration, coming?" Ron looked back at Avril, Hermione, and Ernie then back at Harry and nodded.

"Aberforth said it was for my own good." Harry heard Avril say as him and Ron passed them to exit the great hall.

"Who's Aberforth?" he asked Ron.

"No clue, mate."

"Potty!" Avril called out of the bespectacled boy, he stopped and turned around to see her walking towards him. "My love I've been away for too long." She wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him to a hug.

"Where have you been." Harry demanded.

"Come with me and I'll try my best to give you an acceptable explanation." She smiled at him while grabbing his wrist and pulling him to a secluded area.

"You left, you left without an explanation! No letter no-no-no nothing, Avril! What were you thinking?"

"Meowie.

"What?" Harry looked at her incredulously.

"Meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow. Blah blah blah blah." Avril smiled up at the raven haired boy who looked beyond annoyed.

Harry shook his head in disbelief. "You were gone for merlin knows how long, leaving everyone worried sick. Now your here and you won't even take this serious. You know now that I think about it, maybe it was better when you weren't here."

"I ran into an oak tree, got a concussion and wasn't allowed to leave the bed for three days."

"I'm leaving." Harry turned around to walk away but was stopped by Avril grabbing his robe sleeves, she pulled out a little journal with carvings detailing the cover; she placed it in his hands. "What's this rubbish?"

She shook her head. "Not rubbish, my love. I wrote in it everyday since I left, it explains everything well at least I tried to explain. Minnie wanted to speak with moi so I must venture to her classroom." Avril walked away leaving Harry looking at her confused with the little book in his grasp.

He opened the book and quickly flipping through the pages that were filled with elegant handwriting from top to bottom, he stopped at page 126 and read it to himself.

He thinks I'm going mad, says this isn't normal you need help. Wants to send me to St. Mungos much to Dumbledore's dismay.

Harry stopped not wanting to read further into the book, he realised that Avril didn't leave for some lavish get away. She left to try and attain the last bit of sanity within her.