35 : New Girl

surprise!

Hannah told Emily to keep an eye on me, that is, to not let me sleep, while she changed and removed her make-up. I tried distracting the cheer leader but boy, she's stubborn. I even tried fake sleeping but I guess either I'm a bad actor or Emily has a good bullshit radar. Personally, I'd go with the latter considering I'm a flawless actress.

What seemed liked hours, mainly because I was genuinely tired, Hannah returns to her room with snacks and I'm sure she had checked up on Myeon as well. She jumps on the bed and Emily, who had been standing like a prison guard eyeing me as if I would shoot her any moment, climbs after her.

"So, what happened today?" She asks, opening a packet of Doritos and placing it between us so we could share.

"What happened today?" I act dumb, munching on the snack.

"Don't act dumb, Clara, we noticed something, clearly." Emily says with an eyeroll.

Hannah's eyes snap to her and she narrows her eyes at Em, "Oh don't act, Emily. Something's up with you and Keith too. And neither of us is sleeping unless I have deets."

"You hid your relationship with Ethan for weeks as well, Han." I say, not in accusatory tone but guilt fills her eyes and then in mine.

"Because I thought you hated Stefan and wouldn't approve." She mumbles. 

I feel guilty for making her feel that she couldn't share happiness with me so I hug her, "As long as you're happy, Han, I don't mind dealing with the devil."

"In simple words, she doesn't hate Chase anymore." Emily snorts rom beside us and Hannah does too, in reply.

I frown and move back, well aware that I'm blushing. "I never hated him." Hannah raises a brow at my admission, knowing how much I've ranted about my hatred towards the said guy to her but she lets me speak. "Maybe I'm just now realizing that I've despised him? Not hated though, that's a strong word."

Emily snorts again and mumbles something under her breath so I turn my attentions towards her with narrowed eyes. "What's up with you and Keith?"

She doesn't blush but just rolls her eyes and lays back and her elbows, "He's being annoyingly flirty, that's all."

Hannah raises her brows with a teasing smile, "Seems like you were enjoying that a lot, today."

This causes her to blush and she clears her throat, looking away. "Well,....."

"Well?" I prompt, excited to know the juicy bits and tease Keith.

Emily looks anywhere but at us and mumbles her next word but we are too close to not hear her. "We might have hooked up." Hannah and I have our jaws hanging on the floor at her admission. Emily sneaks a look at our reaction and meekly adds, "Twice."

"Keith is so dead for keeping it from us." Hannah says, too sweetly for it to be threatening but we all know that's how psychopaths start their careers.

"No!" Emily jumps, causing us to stumble on the bouncy bed. "I mean, I told him to keep it a secret." She admits when she sees the startled look on our faces. "He actually asked me out after the first time and wanted to tell you guys. He said since Hannah is with Ethan already and no one minded, they wouldn't mind us either. But I wasn't ready."

I frown at that, "But didn't you say twice?"

Emily winces and nods, playing with her nails. "Well, I was kinda avoiding him so he confronted me and well, that lead us back to...."