34 : Crush Confessions

hi,

i made some dumb mistake earlier so this chapter was taken down, edited (with added plot). if you've already read this, i suggest you do again. if you don't wanna read the whole chapter again, start re-reading immediately after the kiss scene (sorry to spoil for those who hadn't read yet). trust me, you'll need to know what's happening.

okay, bye!

"Hey," I turn to face Stefan tugging my arm softly while I danced with Hannah, Keith and Emily. I raise my eyebrows, high on adrenaline wondering what he wants.

Instead of answering me though, he pulls me away from our friends and out of the gym towards the school hallway. The hallway, which are usually filled with student noises and daylight, is now only brightened by ceiling bulbs atleast five feet apart each giving a scary vibethat you could film a horror movie here.

"Where are we going?" I ask but Stefan refuses to answer, dragging me along with just a mysterious smile on his lips.

The smile from dancing still hasn't left my lips but I'm confused and dare I say, a little nervous. You know when your sixth sense tells you somethings gonna happen and there are butterflies in your tummy and nerves making your heart go clammy even though you're not intuitive? Yeah, that's exactly what I'm feeling.

"Stefan, where-", I'm cut off as I'm pushed to the wall near the lockers as soon as we make a turn towards the science building and Stefan has his arms on either sides of me, trapping me.

My breath hitches in my throat at his closeness and the light bulb just a few meters away from us reflect the green in his eyes - the color that I love - and not because they're the color of his eyes. However, I have a feeling that I might reconsider my reasoning soon, if not now.

"Did I tell you that you look gorgeous tonight?" He asks with a small smile.

"I think you might have used some other synonyms earlier when we left the house, yes." I let ot in a nervous squeak, silently praising myself for not stuttering.

Stefan chuckles and steps closer and I didn't think he could since he was already very close, a little too close, if I say. "And you stole the elegance of the stars when you danced tonight," He says, his eyes wandering over my body as his one hands comes to play with the tassles on my dress. "And the dress surely improvised those sexy moves."

"You weren't too bad either." I declare with a teasing smile, the butterflies in my stomach increasing, "But Keith beat you in being the best."

He scoffs, the hand that was playing with the tassles now on my waist, squeezing lightly, "You're being biased now."

"Now why would I do that?" I ask, fluttering my eyelashes innocently.

Stefan groans, burrying his head in my neck and my heart jumps to my throat. It's bad that he's on the left side and can most possibly hear my heartbeat. As if reading my thoughts, his hand on my waist leaves, making me feel a little cold and takes my hand lacing them on his chest, letting me feel his own heartbeat - beating at the same speed as mine, if not faster.

"Stefan," I whisper, my words clogging in my throat and he steps closer, as if that was the answer. To be honest, I'm not sure if it wasn't.

"I don't know what I'm feeling, Emery." He says.