21 : I'll Bribe Them If You Let Me Live

A huge thanks to all those who added my books to their reading lists, library and their hearts. This means so much to me. I love you my lovely readers, thanks for choosing me and my books. Please share your reviews via comments and don't forget to help me gain more reach by voting!

* * * * *

CLARA

When I woke up this morning, however, a bad hangover was grinning at me as soon as I opened my eyes. I was late already and thanks no thanks to the shrill ringtone I had set specifically for Keith, I woke up annoyed more than usual.

Checking my phone that was placed on the bedside table beside a glass of water and two tablets of advil and the texts of my best friends on the our group chat reminded me of the horrendous night. I cringed when I replayed the video Keith had shot and sent me and was now making fun off. Then I cringed even more when I took the tablets to sooth my headache and remembered what transpired between me and Stefan.

As far as I was concerned, Stefan didn't know what kind of drunk I was except the over enthusiastic one. As much as I despised it, I also liked that I was not forgetful of any events around me when I was drunk. In fact, I remembered them to the last detail, if possible. But I could very well go on pretending that I didn't remember a thing and ignore Stefan for as long as I can.

Thinking that, I got up and took a quick ten minute shower. Not feeling like dressing myself, I donned on one of the graphic tees I bought with Hannah on yesterday's trip to the mall and my favorite pair of gray sweatpants than I haven't dumped away since freshman year. I grabbed my hair roughly, just increasing to the headache and tied a messy knot above my head. I was so not in the mood to put effort in my appearance.

I grabbed my bag, phone, wallet and keys and left my room at the same time as Stefan. He tried to give me a small amused smile but I ignored him, rolled my eyes and went downstairs.

I hurriedly stuffed my face with a folded pancake seeing I was late and Carl was shouting at me to "Hurry the fuck up." I groaned when I checked my messages again while in the car and remembered that Miss. Bradley would be killing us with her reviewing schedule so she can assign the new captain by the end of the week.

Stupid, I'm so stupid. I had to get bash drunk on Sunday night?? Really?

I groaned when the car jerked to a stop.

"Gee, thanks bro, for killing me." I grumbled to Carl's rash parking.

He rolled his eyes. "You're not dead yet." He said in what seemed like a sincerely apologetic voice making me scowl. I got out of the car and slammed it shut and walked away as my brother shouted at me for being mean to his baby.

I look around the parking lot, searching for my friends in the herd of moving students and spot them at Keith's regular parking spot. Hannah is sporting sunglasses too huge for her face and I let out a small chuckle knowing I'm not the only one suffering.

"Here's my partner boo in every crime." She slurs out her words drunkenly and throws her arms around me. "We're drunk-in-school buddies."

"Uh, sorry to burst your bubble, Han, but I'm not drunk. I'm hungover." I say pushing her back slightly and looking at her amusedly. "And here I thought I was shitfaced drunk."