13 : That's For Beautiful Girls and You're Neither

"Go get the tickets, chimpanzee." Hannah pushes Keith over towards the ticket counter.

"Yeah yeah, I'm the slave of this group, aren't I?" He grumbles as he shuffles towards the counter. "And here I thought I was the Ladies' Man." I hear him mutter under his breath and stifle a giggle.

"He's cute, isn't he?" I say and turn towards Hannah to find her looking at me weirdly.  "What?"

She nods. " Yeah, he's cute." She says and tilts her head to the side as if examining me. 

I groan. "What is it?" 

She blinks at me innocently. "What is what?"

I give her a 'I know that you know what I'm talking about' look which makes her roll her eyes. She crosses her arms and rests her whole body weight on one leg. "Okay, I'll be straight to you - Do you find Keith cute?" 

I frown in confusion. "Yeah?" 

"I mean, cute - cute?" She asks again.

"Hannah, Keith's cute - wait - oh my word. Hannah, no!" My eyes widen in realization to what she was insinuating.

She shrugs, "I'm just asking. You're way too happy when he's around." 

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, because he's a clown?" I say matter of factly.

Before Hannah could respond with her witty answer, Keith returns. "Here."  He grins as he waves the tickets in front of us.

I turn to him, matching his grin. "And popcorn and drinks?"

Keith's grin falls. "Yeah, forgot that I was the slave." He grumbles and hands me the tickets as he saunters back to get the snacks. 

I turn to Hannah to see her giving me 'the look'. I roll my eyes. "Hannah, honey, I've known Keith all my life. He became my best friend before we even met. That's why we have this close knitted friendship. Sure I used to have a crush on him and he had a crush on me. That was middle school, we're over it. Keith is strictly best friendzoned. And so am I."

Hannah gives me one final hard look and I math her gaze. Finally, she sighs and shrugs. "If you say so." 

I sigh loudly. " Thank you!"

"Aww, poor Hannah. Trying to set me up with Clara?" I look up to see Keith grinning cheekily, holding our movie snacks just a few feet away.

I narrow my eyes at him. "How much did you hear?" 

"I'd say everything but I'm not sure." He shrugs and hands me the drinks' tray. Then, he turns to Hannah. "Although C already made it clear, I'll just confirm it - we're friend - no wait, best friend zoned. Pre-puberty crush is dead within our hearts. And if you try to set me up with her, it will end up the same way we did." He says winking at her.

Hannah rolls her eyes. "Sure. Got it, commander."

"Now that this is clear, can we go in? I won't miss on The Lion King because of you both." I groan and start walking without waiting for them. I hear them follow me and a chorus of 'impatient queen' and grin cheekily.

Inside the theater, we find our seats. Since all the good seats are already taken, we three had to settle for three corner seats a little in the back. Apparently, this was the only row empty with a few seats. Hannah takes the innermost corner seat while Keith sat in the middle with all the food. I sit on his left right in front of a cute guy who has been checking me out since I was standing outside the theater with Hannah.

"We missed the trailers and previews." Keith whines. 

I could practically feel Hannah shrugging in the dark theater. "Should've hurries with the tickets and food."