17 : It's a dare!

Thanks for 3k reads! Vote and comment - don't be a silent reader. It's a double update so make sure to check out chapter 16 before this one.

xoxo Ren.

CLARA

Finally, Josie's punishment was over.

The whole of last week, which were only four days, I had to stay holed up in my room except for when I went to school or came down for dinner. I steered clear from Stefan, not wanting to piss Josie off anymore. For all I know, it could result in me being grounded for the next life too.

The majority of this week, I spent with Hannah at her place seeing she was grounded too, for back-talking her stepdad but we convinced her Mom to let me visit for a few hours everyday. Okay, the convincing might have involved a lie that basically said that we were project partners but whatever. Few hours turned into me staying over at her place until Carl called me, asking me to get back for dinner. Keith had found a new girl to spend his time with, while Hannah and I were 'busy' with the project.

However, the most surprising thing that happened this week was when Casey came to sit with us on Monday during lunch and for the days that followed. Middle school has it's own cafeteria but both our schools have common parking lot and she could easily visit me anytime. What was surprising wasn't her sitting with us but her not sitting with her 'friends' and that asshole Nigel. I didn't see him at all for this whole week not that I wasn't happy that he was no longer straining my sister along.

The curious me had to have an answer, though. So I had asked Casey about it.

"Aren't you happy I'm not with him anymore?" She had said instead, looking up at me with suspiciously innocent eyes. 

Today was Friday and there was a party at Tilly Ramsay's place and she had been sweet to invite me and my friends along with Casey too. When I had objected saying that Casey was only thirteen and I don't want her to see the horrors of high school parties, she had giggled and said, "Come on, silly. She'll be a freshman next year. You can't protect her innocent eyes forever."

I had scowled and said that I could at least try to keep her away from it all for as long as I could, in my head of course. My kid sister was very excited for her very first high school party, that too a junior party. God knows what is going too happen if I'm not careful.

"Clara!" Casey sings as she barges in my room. I'm standing in front of my now messed up closet while searching for a sexy yet decent enough dress to wear for tonight. "I don't have anything to wear." She pouts as she plops down on my bed.

I roll my eyes. "Case, you've got more clothes than me and Mom combined."

She glares at me. "But I don't have anything to wear for the party tonight. I have to look my best, it's my first high school party after all."

I narrow my eyes at her. "You're not a high schooler. You don't need to go."

She huffs. "I'm going, I was invited. Now give me something to wear."

I raise a brow at her. "You'll wear one of my clothes?"

She rolls her eyes at me and shrugs. "You've got a closet of pretty dresses, C. Give me one. You don't wear them so I might as well."

I sigh. "Look for yourself and take whatever you need."

Casey squeals and mutters numerous amounts of thanks you's before diving into the heap of clothes to find something that suited her taste, asking my opinion every once in a while. While she was involved in her search, I texted Hannah asking where she was. She had said she'd come here at Josie's to get ready and that we'd go to the party together.