30 : If Humans Don't Like Being Ignored Then Why Would Feelings?

thank you to all the readers : new and old : for reading my stupid book and thank you to all those who've added it to their reading list.

ps : if Stefan and Clara along with family made you laugh, Leah and Axel, along with family have the power to make you cry. so to all my birdies who love them a little tears and emotions, give Love Happens a read!

CLARA

Am I stupid to think that knocking this door would get me some help? I mean, sure, I was told that I would but would I really? It's the enemy family we're asking for help. But then again, we haven't really been true enemies and there's a huge possibility that we'd be kicked out of the enemy society for not being real enemies, if there was one, that is.

Taking a deep breath and shaking my head to rid off all the ridiculous thoughts making me nervous, I knock on the door in front of me.

"Come in." A soft voice calls and I push open the door a little to peek in.

"Stella?" I call out and she looks up from her position on the bed, smiling when she spots me.

"Hey, Clara. What's up?" She asks and motions me to come in. I make my way through her room, the spring themed one right across from Carl's Summer Beach themed one - and perch myself on her bed. 

My eyes wander and light up in delight when I see how she has decorated her room. It's a combination of peach-pink and white. The furniture is camel colored, three of the walls filled with wallpapers that give the room a park-like 3D look and the on that overlooks the balcony and Mrs. I-own-13-cats' house is white and sage-green giving the room a cool springy look.

The bookshelf is stuffed with all of Stella's books which is not s surprise knowing how much of a nerd she is and the desk is cluttered with papers. Surprisingly, half the room is messy and the other half, the part which Stella is occupying right now, aka the bed, is tidy asf.

I snort at that and know in my head that when she heads to study on her desk, the bed will be the clutter.

"Your room's nice." I say causing the girl beside me to chuckle.

"Yeah, right. It's a mess. I just hope I have enough time to clean this all up when we're moving back to our parents' place." Stella snickers.

The reminder of our parents and how the are stuck in a flood, probably missing breaks my heart and I feel a little guilty for wanting to enjoy the Homecoming Dance instead of grieving.

"Hey," Stella says, noticing my now sad mood, "It's gonna be alright. They'll be okay and will return to us as soon as the airlines resume their services, okay?"

"I hope so." I mumble as I try to relax in the awkward side hug Stefan's sister is giving me.

After a few minutes, she backs away and shifts awkwardly on her bed. "So, what brings you here? Need something?" She asks.

Her question reminds me why I sought out for her and I give her a grimace like grin. "Yeah, uh, you see....." I nervously wring my fingers not knowing how to ask the member of enemy clan for help. When I come up with zero ideas, my forever back-up plan comes to rescue. I close my eyes and blurt out why I needed her. 

"Uh, I kinda, sorta need your help to go and shop for a dress to wear to the Homecoming Dance."

After a few moments of silence, I peeked open my one eyes and then both slowly to see why suddenly all voice has left the room to see Stella looking at me weirdly.