23 : Romantic Genes

A long day it was, indeed.

After History, Stefan had rushed out immediately and my plans to confront him and ask him to stop this wooing were washed over, not that I had enough courage to go and face him, both because of Sunday night mortification and because of the fear that I'd be a blabbering mess if I do. Notes and flowers are too damn romantic, don't blame me.

During lunch, the lunch lady told me that my lunch was paid for and that I had a special reed velvet mini cake and Italian omelette wrap for lunch, prepared on a special order by someone. I damn well knew who the said someone was but Hannah and Keith began screaming that I had a secret admirer and the news had spread throughout the school.

I have even lost the count of how many times I had been asked, "Is it true that you have a secret admirer?" by these nosy students.

Even Stefan had managed to brush past me soon after lunch and whispered, "A secret admirer, indeed." in my ear making me shiver.

Other than that, I had received five beautiful peonies in the fourth hour with a cute little note that said :

I like it when you dance but I love it when I'm dancing with you.

xx

I had sighed and thought that I loved it too, even thought we had done it only once but I had imagines us at the Talent show too many times to count. Next was six sticks of gladiolus and another note that said :

You and me would be the mot awesome pair, just picture it. You agree, don't you?

xx

I had indeed pictured us together, entering the banquet hall for the dance and everybody's eyes on us as we slow danced. When I realized how dangerous my thoughts were, I had shook my head and let them be.

In gym class, our new coach Miss. Bradley had been the one to hand me a bunch of seven sticks of indigo colored delphiniums and the note was hidden between them, most probably to hide it from the teacher because the contents would surely have landed us in trouble, or was I just exaggerating?

The note seemed simple but had me running almost immediately to make my crimson cheeks appear as the courtesy of exercise and not the note itself.

Is it bad that I don't want you to wear those damned shorts for anyone else but me to see?

xx

Our school's practice suit was the plain and simple green and white sports wear, our school's colors. The girl's tank tops were green with Ridgeview High written in white and white practice shorts with two green stripes on the side. It was the same for cheer leaders and girl's soccer team too but when we performed on the field, out tanks were changed into green tee-shirts with school's name and logo on the front and our names and numbers in the back. The cheerleaders had their own costume.

Although the shorts were of decent size, at least mine were, I still wore black underpants under them for personal satisfaction. Stefan's note made me feel as if I was running around in plain underwear or maybe even the lack of that.

Throughout the gym period, Miss. Bradley had been lenient and made us play softball the typical girls vs boys and we girls obviously won. I mean, the boys were paying more attention to the sports bra under our tanks to pay attention to the game.

After that, Miss. Bradley called me and Stefan to talk to us.

"Mr. King, Miss James, I assume." She asked even though she knew damn well who we were.