31 : Who Did You Kill?

dear ghost readers, it's my request for y'all to leave votes too, as you read along so that the story reaches more audience and it's tag stats rise.

i love you for reading!

CLARA

The first thing I see when I step in school on Thursday is Hannah waiting for me at my lockers. Seeing your best friend in school is always exciting but as I remember her being distant in the past week, my mood turns sour.

I'm not mad at her, really, just slightly offended and hurt.

Bracing myself up with a pretense of strong exterior, because come on, she's my best friend and she knows me better than myself, I walk up to her, or my locker as I'd like to think.

My first instinct is to ignore her but I realize how cruel that is so I offer her a stiff greeting as I open my locker and fiddle randomly. "Hey."

"Hi, C." She gives me a nervous smile and I'm almost, almost tempted to laugh everything off and hug her but for some reason, I don't.

There's an air of uncomfortable silence around us which is really weird. I can't seem to remember when was the last time Hannah and I were so distant because of something so silly.

"Did you buy your dress?" She asks, he stance awkward as she tries to make a conversation. 

I grab my History and Math books as I nod stiffly. "Stella took me to the mall yesterday."

Hannah's eyes go wide with curiosity as she looks at me for an explanation. "Stella, huh?"

I look at her and sigh, containing the small chuckle at her dumbfounded expressions. I can't keep things from her, I need to let out my inner rambling to at least somebody. I look around and pass a fleeting glance at Stefan as he stands near Ethan's locker with Drew and then towards Emily's locker where she's being a tomato as Keith, undoubtedly, flirts with her. His eyes meet mine and he immediately excuses himself from the Rush Princess and walks towards us.

"Hi, my queens. What's up with y'all this fine morning?" He asks, grinning childishly as he throws his arms around both our shoulders and starts dragging us towards our classes, Physics, the only class we three share this year. 

"Nothing much, Chimpanzee. But I have so much to tell you. Meet me at the bleachers during lunch for gossip, 'kay?" I say and kiss his cheek as I excuse myself to go and sit with my lab partner Gabby.

Keith notices the tension between Hannah and I and guides her to their table as the two of them are partners. He says something to her and she nods somberly. The class goes by slowly and so does the day but finally it's lunch and I'm walking towards the grounds at our usual spot to meet my friends after buying lunch.

"So I heard you finally bought a dress." Stefan's voice comes from beside me as he avoids colliding into the students rushing to get their lunch as he steps beside me.

I nod, trying to hide my grin. "Did you, now?"

He grins his lopsided grin that makes him look cute and looks down at me. "And I heard it's red in color."

I bite my lips as we both step outside in fresh air and walk towards the bleachers where I can see Ethan, Emily and Drew on the top of the bleachers at their regular spot and Hannah and Keith being anacondas on the fresh green grass, like always.