9 : I Just Love Fucking Annoying You

Stefan's POV

I woke up to the buzzing of my phone somewhere under me. After a lot of tapping on the bed and two calls that I had missed, I finally found my phone tucked under the pillow under my chest. Still sleepy, I answered the call without seeing the called id.

"We were supposed to meet and hours ago, man." Ethan's authoritative and angry voice woke me up completely.

"What?! What time is it? What day is it?" I sat up with the sudden force and looked around me. "Wait, where am I?" 

"Um... probably at Josie's?" He snapped. Sarcasm, ooh.

Where my vision adjusted a little more and I was finally free of sleep, I realized that I was in Clara's room. My books were kept on the night stand and Colton or Clara were nowhere to be found. He may have left when I fell asleep - the best sleep in forever, really.

"Um, what time is it?" I asked stupidly into the phone.

I could vision Ethan rolling his eyes. "It's eight already. Remember we were supposed to meet at five at Drew's? It was a poker night, man." 

"Ugh!" I groaned and fell back on the bed with a little bounce. "Shit man. Should've called sooner." 

"Well, it's not the first time you were late so we didn't bother calling. Though it was the first time you were this late. Anyway, are you coming or not?" He asked.

Josie's rules.

With another groan, I sat back up. "Sorry man, can't. Josie's rules - dine together." 

Ethan cooed sarcastically. "Ooh, dinner with the James'. Sounds fun."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, fun." With that, I hung up annoyed by the fact that my poker night was ruined.

Sighing inwardly, I got up from a really comfortable bed and cursed my ass for being late and not getting the room I am standing in. After a lot of stretching and waking up my muscles, I decided to go downstairs as I was hungry. 

"Hey big brother." Samantha was the first person I saw sitting in the living room with a local old match of soccer on. That's my favorite sister, everybody.

"Hey Sam. Where's everybody?" I asked sitting beside her, not really wanting the answer and concentrated on the player as he thread through the rival team's players to make a goal. As expected, she didn't answer me either. We both moved to the edge of the love seat as the he got closer to making the goal and let out a hiss of disappointment as he missed it. Our reactions were so in sync and were so real even though we had seen the same match live last month.

"Hey you guys, dinner's ready." Stella said popping her head through the door that led to the kitchen and then disappeared  before we even replied.

"Well, Stella is there, Seth will be there and we are here. Now you know where is everybody." Sam said standing up. 

I rolled my eyes and wrapped an arm around her shoulders leading her towards the dining room. "Gee, thanks."

When we reached their, the James family was already seated on one side of the table and my favorite one of them was missing. Seth and Stella were seated too, on the opposite side with Josie on the head of the table. Samantha and I took our seats and started filing our plates with food.

"Um, and Carl?" Josie spoke.

"Yeah?" He asked, not looking up from his plate.

"Where would Clara be?" She asked folding her hands on the table.