19 : Blackmail Buddies

STEFAN

I'm not even going to talk about this morning's incident because even I am confused.

After her friends dragged Emery out of my room, I went for a shower instead of overthinking things and then headed down for breakfast. Hannah and Keith were leaving by the time I came down and I was thankful for that. Hannah was almost bearable but that quarterback, I hated him. I don't even know why Drew and Ethan were in his team and interacted with him.

Even on Saturdays, my goody-two-shoes sister Stella was at her college library studying for the exams that won't happen until next eternity but who can stop her? As for Samantha, she's either still in her 'I-hate-my-family' phase or that's exactly her personality. She doesn't exactly hate us but hates spending time with us. Her prized possessions include her motorcycle (which was supposed to me my seventeenth birthday present but she threw a tantrum and so I had to give it to her and settle for my sedan but nevermind) and her biker boots and leather jacket. There are even rumors going around the school that she's the president of a motorbike club. I just hope it's not true. My twin is not the most friendly when it comes to confrontations.

Seth was at his friend's house playing video games as usual and I was at home, bored out of my mind. Josie was at work too, some emergency she said and seeing the silence that surrounded us, it seemed like Emery's siblings weren't home either. So after eating my share of pancakes and bacon, I decided to head back to my room and sleep.

I was still on the stairs when I heard music being played too loud to be considered normal and I followed it to the large open terrace space. Speakers were connected to the switchboard just beside the door and some pop-rock music blasting out of the speakers. 

When I peeked my head inside, what I saw took my breath away, literally.

Emery was there, in a tight pair of yoga pants that looked ho- nice, that looked nice and a mint green tank top - over her - holy shit, is that a sports bra? Is that even allowed for underage girls to wear that? Does she go out wearing that? - as she used the whole open area to jump, skip and flow around as she danced. I noticed her laptop kept on the coffee table and it was playing a choreography YouTube video of the same song that was playing on the speakers and Emery was following every step fluidly.

Wow, she's a dancer. I should have known, after all, we're in the same track team and I have seen her flexible body bending in impossible shapes when we work out at school.

When I looked back at the laptop, I realized that I've watched this choreography a few times too, simply because I've subscribed to this dance channel and because it's a catchy song. Not my favorite artists and definitely not my favorite song but I've heard it more than once and it's safe to say that the song has made place in my weekend playlist. 

I didn't even realize what I'm doing and before I could notice and back out, I was walking towards Emery. She still hasn't noticed me and I didn't know if I like that or if I'm thankful for it. I walked  until I was right behind her and my breath was fanning the top of her head. She froze when she felt my presence but I didn't let her think about it as my hands worked on their own, latching on her delicate waist. 

On cue with the beats of the song and the choreography, I picked her up from waist and twirl her, letting her down and face me. Her eyes widen when she realizes it's me although something tells me that she already knew, she was just shocked that she was right. I didn't let her think about it anymore when I push her back elegantly and she frowns at me, confused and when I pull her back in, her eyes shine with realization and then we're dancing in sync, together in a duet as the three couples in that YT video.