7 : Ruled Out

After I finished unpacking my stuff and arranging the room according to myself, I welcomed the thirst with open arms. I walked out of the room and started walking downstairs.

"Little C! Wait up." I heard Carl call me and I stopped. We started walking downstairs together once he reached me. "Guess what room did I get?" He quirked an eyebrow. Before I could answer, he said, "Summer themed! It's filled with bikini clad girl's posters and that's fucking amazing!" He grinned.

"That's sick, Big C." I scrunched up my nose.

He rolled his eyes. "Yes, mom. Anyways, what room did you get? My guess is winter?"

I nodded. "Yup."

"I see you guys are done earlier than I expected." Josie met us in the kitchen.

Carl nodded. "And we're thirsty."

She chuckled. "Okay, yeah. Here." She threw two bottles of soda towards us and we caught it gracefully.

"What room did you guys chose?" She asked.

"Summer." I said while pointing to Carl, "And winter." I pointed at myself.

"Little C. " Carl said pointing to me, "Big C." He pointed at himself mimicking me. I slapped his arm.

Josie laughed. "Okay, well, Casey got her Barbie room and Seth has his hot wheels one."

"I bet she's still squealing in her room." Carl commented with me nodding in agreement.

"That, she is." Josie said and it was then that I noticed faint squealing noises, no wonder coming from Casey's room.

"Shut up!" I heard a groan and saw Seth enter the kitchen, an annoyed look plastered on his face. His hair was disheveled as if he had been pulling on them.

"Josie, make that obnoxious girl shut up." He said straight forwardly, ignoring our presence.

"Hey, that's my sister you're talking about, kid." Carl snarled as I held him back.

"Oh, my sympathies that you have to bear the same torture everyday at your place." He mocked and I chuckled unintentionally.

"She'll soon get bored." I said coolly to Josie but my comment was directed at Seth.

He looked at me and nodded, then turned to Josie. "Where are the rest of the guys? You said one hour and they're late."

"We're right here, Seth." Stella smiled as she entered the kitchen, Stefan and Samantha following close behind.

"And Colton?" Josie looked at me.

"He's been in the living room for the past hour." Samantha piped in and we all turned towards her. Embarrassed, she explained. "I forgot my school bag there and went to take it, that's when I saw him."

"Alright, then let's move in there." Josie clapped her hands like a coach again.

We all shuffled back to the living room where now a bored Casey was talking to an even bored Colton.

"Take your seat, guys. It's gonna be long and boring." Josie said.

Carl and I stood beside where Casey and Colt were sitting with Stefan and his siblings right across us. Josie sat on a recliner in between. "Okay, so as I'm going to be living with eight teenagers for a month, I've set up some rules for my sanity and my house's safety. These are to be followed, not arguments on that." 

"Rule number one - try and refrain from causing fights and killing each other while you guys are living here. Two, I may not be living with my whole family but whenever we all meet, we do everything together. I do not expect that from you guys but breakfast and dinner will be eaten together. On weekends, we have lunch together instead of dinner because, of course, you kids will have plans."