24 : Blush

STEFAN

When I woke up Monday morning, the first thing I noticed was Emery's scent still on my comforter from the last night along with her foul booze smell. Her scent, however, was stronger.

I saw her thrice that morning before she left for school - one when she was leaving her room to go to the bathroom, then after she came out dressed in that cute white tee and pastel pink lily graphics. The third time was when she and I left our rooms at the same time for breakfast.

She looked a mess, her hair in a bird's nest kind of bun, her gray sweats that were a little too tight and small for her tall frame and it was probably one of her old sets and tired eyes. She looked cute despite all that. 

I tried giving her a small smile, trying to hide my amusement and was thinking of a good thing to say, and by good I mean a smart-ass sarcastic comment, but she ignored me and practically ran downstairs.

I would have joined the others for breakfast was I not running late and I had some plans prior to school so I left before anyone else.

My first pit stop was a stationary shop close by from where I bought colorful pens and small notes. My writing was not so sloppy for a guy, actually, it was pretty decent so I jotted down a few things that I genuinely agreed with on those notes in my car before driving off towards my next stop. 

The florist Maria was one of my mother's friend's and I knew her as well as her son Tully well enough so I asked for their help. They explained me the meaning of several flowers when I explained that I'm trying to woo a girl and helped me pick some fresh sets for the day. I took Tully to the side and explained him my plan a little further and in detail and he agreed to help me with it. 

Keeping the first three notes and a rose, two sunflowers, three pink Asiatic lilies and four daisies and gave the rest of the notes to Tully to get them at school by lunch hour so that they're still fresh.

I hurried to the school after calling Ethan and asking him to pick Drew up on the way since I had something to do. The first stop at school was Emery's locker where I put the first note and a red rose taped at the side. I might have stolen her combination when she was out getting trashed at that college party on Sunday night.

After making sure that she would see the flower before getting to her class, I rushed to the cafeteria and asked Mrs. Santos to bake me a red velvet cake and something special and different from the regular menu for one silly girl and I had to actually bribe her. She agreed on making Italian omelette wrap since she was Italian and she wouldn't make anything that required extra effort either. 

So after paying away 50 dollars and taking the promise to keep my identity a secret, I strotted to Emery's Calc class and taped the daisies and the note under her desk. Then I went to History to do the same but with daisies and then English at last and taped the note along with the sunflowers under her desk as well.

Satisfied with my effort, I made my way to the parking lot.

Emery was already there hugging Hannah, more like being forced to hug Hannah, before she let go and went to kiss her asshole best friend's cheek. My fists clenched and an unknown emotion traveled through me which I, as usual, ignored.

Ethan and Emily were snickering and commenting about Emery's dance video from that college party while Drew was staring at her with wistful look which angered me further. 

When the warning bell rang, Emery rushed inside the school and I followed immediately, wanting to see her reaction when she saw it. Emily, as usual, followed me while Ethan and Drew along with Keith went to talk about football to the coach.