15 : I promise, I won't tell

Stefan

After running into that witch Emery and her chimpanzee-like goons at the movie and then at the diner, I was tired. I headed home making Josie's curfew rules as an excuse because I didn't want to run into her again. It was just my luck that she was back at home too.

When I got in, she was talking to Carl about something. I decided to ignore them and headed upstairs for a much-needed shower to release the tension that was making my head burst. It was an hour later when the water had turned cold that I stepped out, dressed in a loose singlet and Bermuda shorts and headed downstairs into the living room.

Carl left just as I entered and I sighed in relief, not in the mood to get into another brawl with him which he loved to do. I looked at Emery from the corner of my eye to find her still dressed in the same outfit she wore while going out with her friends. Damn!

Wait, what?

I shook my head and sat where he was just sitting and picked up the remote from the coffee table and changed the channel to an old football match on ESPN - the same one that I was watching with Sam on our first night at Josie's.

"If your ugly ass didn't notice, I was watching something." The witch princess opened her mouth to snap at me.

Wait, ugly ass? As if.

"If your snobby ass didn't notice, I don't care," I replied in the same tone she had used.

"Stefan, the remote." She pressed extending her hand as if I would oblige.

I over imitated her facial expressions, mocking her before turning back towards the tv. From the corner of my eyes, I saw her jaw drop and I barely controlled my grin. How I loved getting her all worked up. What I didn't notice was her fist coming towards me and hitting my biceps. I'm sure she was more hurt by that but she didn't need to know that.

"Ow, what's your problem?" I whined dramatically.

She rolled her eyes at me. "I was here first and I was watching something."

I sighed. "Exactly, princess." I spat. "You were here for who knows how long. Now, it's my turn so shut that pretty mouth up and let me enjoy." With that, I turned around and ignored her, again.

I could feel her mouth opening but the retort never came. From my peripheral view, I could see her face turning red as she shrunk back in her seat. It was then that I realized my slip up. I mentally cursed myself.

After a few moments when the Texans missed, I silently cursed under my breath, even if I had seen this match before already, and changed the channel back to what Emery was watching. I could feel her rising, about to argue but instead, she just shrugged and engrossed herself in that 90's tv show.

As soon as a new episode started, I heard Josie's card in the driveway.

"Hey kids, you didn't go out today?" She asked us as she peeked inside the living room from the hallway.

I was about to answer when troublemaker beside me replied. "I did, I just came back early."

"Same." I added in a bored tone.

"Oh, okay. Are the others back too?" She asked again.

"Carl is upstairs." 

"Sam and Stella too."

Josie nodded to our replied and heaved a tired sigh. "Okay, cool. I'll just go change and freshen up and then I'll get on with dinner, yeah?"

"I'll help." Miss Goody Two Shoes offered. Kiss up.