18 : Forty Year Old's Aren't Awesome

CLARA

"I didn't know Casey could be such a torturous trickster." Hannah groaned when we exited Tilly's house and tumbled towards Keith's car.

"I'm so happy about this. It's going to be fun, annoying that blonde Rush." Keith smirked. "I suggest you guys make the best use of this opportunity and give that Satan and his goons a trip to hell and back."

"Ugh." I groaned. "No, let's not call them back. Let them burn and die in hell."

Hannah nodded as she climbed into the backseat and cocooned. "Good idea."

Keith tossed me the keys and climbed the passenger seat as he was sober enough to talk to but too drunk to drive. My licence was going to be put to use today. "It's going to be a long time coming, this Homecoming."

"Was that a pun? It was bad." Hannah snickered from the backseat and dozed off soon.

"Am I supposed to drop you off at your place or are you staying with me and Han tonight?" I asked Keith, eyes on road.

"Mom will kill me if I go back home like this but I don't have my overnight bag with me." He groaned.

"I'm sure I have two brothers who'll lend you clothes for a day." I said flatly.

"Good idea. I can flirt with Josie for a week's doze too." He grinned like a stupid kid.

I rolled my eyes. "She'll kick your baby making anatomy if you try anything funny, buddy."

"Then I'll flirt with you and Han to make her jealous." He pouted.

I let out a sarcastic laugh. "Good idea, Keith. We'll see how much it affects her."

The ride after that was silent but short. We reached Josie's driveway withing ten minutes and I parked the car on the curb outside. Seeing that Carl and Josie car was already occupying the open garage and Stefan will throw a fit if I use the space he claimed, it was the best idea. 

"Let's get her inside." I groaned as I stepped out and opened the backseat to help Hannah out. She tumbled and fell up on me and Keith rushed to my side to help. 

"She's sooo heavyyy." He groaned.

"Let her hear you and then we'll talk." I said casually, threatening the guy. The horror look on his face made me laugh.

"Need help?" I heard Carl behind me and turned to find him on phone definitely with Tanya. Oh the lovesickness.

"Yes please." Keith said exasperatedly.

"Hold on a minute babe, it's C and her friends. And they're drunk." He said to his girlfriend and stepped towards us. As soon as he took Hannah's weight from me, carrying her bridal style, I took his phone, gossiping with Tanya, who I admit having a girl crush on when I first met her. Carl glared at me but there's was a wistful and amused look on his face and I knew that the best thing in his life was that his family and girlfriend got along.

"Woah, were's this party going?" Josie asked, coming out of the living room.

"Oh, Jo, hi." Keith waved shyly.

"You're awake?" I asked stupidly at the same time.

"Hi Keith." Josie smiled at my friend before turning to me. "Yeah, I was up working."

"These two are just slightly tipsy and are staying over. Do you mind?" I asked, fingers crossed that she allows us.

She nodded skeptically. "Do their parents know?"