32 : Harry Potter's Weird Wizarding World

read the author's note at last because it's important

* * * * *

"Carl, I swear, if it's not worth giving up my sleep, I will kill you and bury you in the same backyard." I grumble as my older brother rolled his eyes and continued to drag me, but I promise I saw a hint of fear in those eyes too.

If it wasn't clear already, I was sound asleep before this idiot brother of mine dumped ice cold water at me to wake me up and started dragging me to Josie's backyard without letting me change. Basically he's dead and everyone is invited to the funeral.

"Oh would you cut your drama. You wouldn't have been that asleep anyway. You went to bed like, just ten minutes ago." Carl retorts.

I scoff. "I'll have you know, idiot brother, that it barely takes me a minute to be lost in dreamland. You demon monster, you ruined it for me. I was happily riding on my unicorn in the field of candy trees and gummy bear tupils." 

"What?" Carl turns around for a moment to give me a weird glance. Before I could open my mouth, he continues, "Wait, don't answer that." 

I huff and am about to throw a magnificient insult at him when I realize that we have reached the backyard already. I look at Carl, confused, who's just yawning, leaning on the wall. "What now?" 

He rolls his eyes and huffs as if I'm a child who can't understand simple things. He opens the door and mock bows in front of me. " Go on, weird lady. I was only asked to escort you till here. My jobs done. You probably won't see candy trees and gummy bear tulips but this would be better." He says and then adds after a pause, "I think."

I raised my eyebrows in confusion. " And who asked you to escort me here?"

"Lover boy." Carl shruggs carelessly making my eyes wide.

" And you didn't kill him already?"  I ask in disbelief. "And you agreed to escort me when he asked? What if he wants to hurt me? What kind of older brother are you? Who will protect me if he attacks me?" 

Carl scoffs, turning to leave already. "Don't be dramatic, C. First, I was paid to do this and second, I know you could throw a punch and look after yourself. Hashtag feminist boi. Night." 

Before I could grasp the fact that he took money to push me into possibe danger, he is gone. Nevermind, I'll kill him later. Time to face danger for now.

Pfft, what danger, drama queen? You're loving this, admit it. Your heart is beating faster than normal.

That's the danger I'm talking about, stupid brain.

With a deep breath of courage, I step out in the backyard.

.

.

.

Only to confusedly look around me, correction, try to look around me as it is pitch black out here. 

"Off-Fucking-Course. That idiot pranked me." I mutter to myself. However, the curious and stupid side of me decided it would be a nice time for a little fresh air. That would explain why, instead of going back in to cuddle with my cozy bed, my one true love, I dumbly walk down the back porch and into the cold night air.

Just one step onto the green grass of the backyard, my dumbness was proved as I hear sinister howlings. I love dogs, I proise, it's just their street dogs got talent at night irritates and scares me the same.