Chapter 16: Aftermath

No POV:

   Yesterday's events left you exhausted. So much had happened that your brain couldn't keep up. You were beyond ecstatic when Coach Irihata said you guys could take this morning's practice off.  

   You're currently lying in bed, fast asleep. That was until you wake up to a loud knock on your door. 

   You let out an annoyed grunt and roll out of bed. Your dad wasn't home, so you had to answer the door. 

   Once you arrive at the door, you swing it open aggressively. You look up to find a particular brown-haired neighbor standing in front of you. 

   "SHORTY WE'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR PRACTICE!" Oikawa yells in your face. You grab him by the cheeks and pull him down to eye level. 

   "We don't have practice this morning you dumb piece of crap." Your tone sends a chill down Oikawa's spine. Everything is silent for a moment. 

   "Oh..." The boy says, remembering Irihata's words. 

   You let out a sigh and let go of his face. "Did you eat breakfast?" You ask. Oikawa shakes his head. 

   You let out another long sigh and hold the door open for him. Oikawa's eyes widen in shock. He never thought this day would come. You actually invited him into your home. What a beautiful day this was.  

   "Get your ass in here. I'll make you something," You said in an annoyed tone. 

   Oikawa walks in and takes his shoes off at the door. You walk into the kitchen and start making breakfast for the two of you. 

   Oikawa walks over to you, standing right behind your figure. He was so close to you that he could place his chin on your head. You began to blush and so did Oikawa. Now that he's accepted his feelings for you, he wants to be closer to you. 

   "Let me help," Oikawa says. You turn around so you're facing him. You're practically sitting on the counter. His face and yours are only an inch or so apart. 

   "Yeah, no," You answered. Oikawa stepped even closer to you. He placed both of his hands on the counter behind you, pinning you there. Your face turned red, but you still tried to maintain your composure. 

   "Come on Shorty, I'm good at cooking." 

   "Yeah? You'd probably burn the apartments down," You said, looking him directly in the eyes with a smirk on your face. 

   Oikawa took one of his hands from the counter and placed it on your cheek. 

   "Give me more credit than that Shorty," Oikawa said in a flirty tone. 

   You pushed past him, unable to handle the closeness any longer.  You walked over to the fridge and got some eggs. You handed one egg to him and said, "Here." 

   Oikawa took it from your grasp and started cooking it in the pan you had placed on the stove earlier. 

   You sat down at the table and watched as he fried the egg. Your gaze burned the back of the boy's head. 

   "Quit watching! That makes me stressed!" Oikawa yells, looking back at you. 

   "Aren't you a volleyball player? You should be used to people watching you," You say with lidded eyes. Oikawa gets red out of embarrassment.      

   "Yeah, but you're different!" Oikawa yells defensively. Once he realizes what he just said, his face gets even redder. You begin to blush as well.

   Different? 

   "I feel honored," You say sarcastically, trying to ease the butterflies in your stomach. Oikawa ignores that and brings the pan over to the table.