Chapter 12: Interhigh-Preliminaries (Part 1)

No POV:

   Today was the first day of the Miyagi Prefectural Inter-High Preliminaries for volleyball. Your buss left at 7:45 and guess what time it is? 7:20. And guess where you are? Still in bed. You forgot to set your alarm the night before, so you're still sound asleep.  

   You wake up to a loud pounding noise. You let out an annoyed grown and get out of your warm bed. You make your way to the front door and open it. You're greeted with a very annoyed looking Oikawa. 

   As soon as he hears you open the door he grabs you by the shoulders and yells, "WE'RE LATE! I'VE BEEN OUT HERE FOR THE LAST 30 MINUTES!" The boy takes a good long look at you to find that you're still in your pajamas. "DID YOU JUST NOW WAKE UP!" He yells, shaking you.  

   "Oh look the sun's already out," You say, purposefully trying to piss him off. 

   He pushes you into your apartment and your bedroom. 

   "GET READY. WE'RE LEAVING IN 5 MINUTES!" He yells. This is the second time he's come into your house uninvited. 

   "Kay," You respond and get dressed. 

   Once you were ready Oikawa pulls you out the door by your arm and started booking it with you in tow.

   He seems to do this a lot, You think as you're being dragged to school. 

   As soon as you arrive at the school you and Oikawa are immediately scolded by Coach Mizoguchi for being late. Then after that, Iwaizumi had a few words with Oikawa. 

   Once the bus is loaded you take a seat in the middle of the bus. Oikawa and Iwaizumi sat in front of you and Makki and Matsukawa were in the seats across from you. 

   Yahaba and Kindaichi were fighting about who gets to sit next to you. You kicked up your feet and watched their little argument unfold. 

   While the two of them weren't paying attention Kunimi took his seat next to you. Once they noticed the life drained out of them. They had to sit next to each other in the back. You laughed to yourself a little. 

   "Thanks," You say, looking over at the boy next to you. He takes his attention from his phone over to you. 

   "It's no problem. I figured you wouldn't want them harassing you the whole way to the gym," Kunimi stated while looking you in the eyes. He was one of the few underclassmen that could do it.

   You've only talked to Kunimi a few times, but from what you could tell he was pretty chill. Out of all the underclassmen, he and Watari are your favorites. That's only because they know when to leave you alone though. 

   "Yeah, that would've gotten annoying," You say. He didn't say anything in return so you pulled out your phone as well and started playing games. You could almost hear Yahaba and Kindaichi whining at the back of the bus. 

   After a while, you tune into a conversation between Iwaizumi and Oikawa. 

   "You know Karasuno is seated in our block this year, right?" Iwaizumi said. 

   "I've heard," Oikawa said as he takes his gaze away from Iwaizumi. "If we want to go up against Shiritorizawa then we have to fight those unpredictable crows first. I'll be sure to put Mr. Prodigy in his rightful place," Oikawa said. You tried so hard to resist, but alas you were too weak. You needed to insult the boy. It was in your blood. 

   "Wow Oikawa, it sounds like you've got an inferiority complex," You stated as you leaned on his seat. 

   "HEY! THAT'S MEAN SHORTY!" He yelled as he turned around to face you. You gave him an innocent closed eye smile.