Chapter 14: Interhigh-Preliminaries (Part 3)

No POV:

   It was the second day of Interhigh's. You and Oikawa haven't said a word to each other since yesterday. This morning you got up super early to walk to school so you wouldn't have to see Oikawa. On the bus, you made sure to leave as much space between the two of you as possible. 

   "Hey, L/n, what's with you and Oikawa?" Makki asked as the bus continued on its journey to Sendai City Gymnasium. You were currently sitting in the back of the bus, looking at your phone. You glace up at Makki and then back down. 

   "Nothing," You said. Makki let out a sigh. He knows you're lying. You're just being your stubborn self. The boy felt uncomfortable with you and Oikawa's silence.       

   "Like I'd believe that. Normally the two of you are always talking... well more like arguing, but still, the silence between you is just creepy," Makki states. You should have known that you can't get him off your ass that easily. 

   "It's no big deal. He's just a narcissistic asshole," You say putting, your phone down.

   "So what happened?"

   "Not telling," You say as you cross your arms and look out the window. This strange feeling was clawing away at you. You miss the shithead but there's no way in hell you're going to let him get away with saying those things to you. 

   "Of course you're not. I expected nothing more from you," Makki says while rolling his eyes. 

   "Rude," You huff, sinking lower in your seat. Makki let out another sigh. He knew you weren't going to budge so he changed the subject. 

   "So we're going up against Karasuno today." 

   "..."

   You stay quiet, not wanting to engage in the conversation. 

   "You're close with their setter, right?" Makki asked. You turn back around to face him again. 

   "Yeah, why?" 

   "Just curious is all." 

   Makki had a feeling that the situation with you and Oikawa had something to do with your relationship with Kageyama.  

   The bus came to a stop. The gymnasium is just as impressive as yestarday.  

~~~~

   Everything was unpacked and the team was currently chilling out in the waiting area. 

   You were off in your own corner, writing stuff in your notebook when Iwaizumi approached you. The boy sat down on the floor next to you, but he gave you a good amount of space. It was like he was trying to be sure you couldn't bite him. 

   "What's up Iwaizumi?" You asked. He didn't answer. You looked up from your book. He appeared as though he was thinking. "Iwaizumi?"

   "I have a request, and before you say anything I know it's unfair and selfish," He said, still not making eye contact with you. 

   "Yeah...Ok, let's hear it."

   "I want you to try to be nice to Oikawa, at least stand near him, just something," Iwaizumi said, well it was more like a plead.  

   "..." 

   "Look I know what he said to you was wrong and he's a complete dumbass, but we need to win this game if we want to face Shiritoizawa. Oikawa's still hung up on the shit between the two of you. All I ask is that you try to put your fight on hold. For the sake of the game," Iwaizumi said, finishing his request.