Chapter 1: Whats So Special About Him?

No POV:   

   It's been two weeks since you began school at Aoba Johsai and you've gotta say it's been really boring. Just the typical high school, with the typical teachers, and typical classes, but there's one thing that wasn't typical. Tooru Oikawa. 

   For some strange reason, the girls in class couldn't get enough of him. Yes, he is attractive, but he's so fake it physically hurts. How can someone even be that fake anyway? Going from fan to fan like he actually cares. And let's not get you started on that forced smile of his. The one that makes you want to throw him across the room. It's disgusting. Maybe a normal person wouldn't be able to tell but to you, is as obvious as his inflated ego and overwhelming sense of pride. 

   I should start from the beginning. When I first saw him. And as far as my past goes, you don't need to know about that quite yet.

2 weeks ago, No POV: 

   Today was your first day at Aoba Johsai high school. School has already been in session for about a month, so everyone's already started to settle into the new year. And then there's you. You're that one kid that decides to change schools at the very beginning of the year.  

   You've tried to brainstorm ways that you won't draw attention to yourself but it's inevitable. It also doesn't help that you're coming from Tokyo either. You had to move to Miyagi because of your dad's job. So now you're here, kicking a rock along the sidewalk. 

   Well, this is no fun, you thought. Your new house is about a 15-minute walk from the school, but when you're all by yourself it feels a lot longer. 

   You let out a sigh when the rock you've been kicking skips off the sidewalk. Too lazy to go after it, you continue on your walk to school. Which feels much more like a hike. 

   As you're walking you look up from your shoes to see your new school standing tall. It's a large building that looks like it's well maintained. From the outside, it seems ordinary. Just some school. That's all it was to you. 

   How wrong you were... 

   While you walk through the front gate you immediately look over to see a group of girls standing around something or someone. As you make your way to the school's front door you hear a horrific noise that can only be described as ear rape. 

   "AHHHHH OIKAWA-SAN!!!!" 

   The screeches of about 19 girls scare you enough to almost knock you off your feet and your bag drops onto the ground.  

   "What the hell's their problem?" You quietly mumble to yourself. Getting ready to flee for your life if they make any sudden moves. You reach down to pick your bag up off the ground only to find that someone did it for you. 

   "Don't mind them. This is an everyday thing." You look up to see a boy with about above average height standing next to you. Apparently, someone had heard you. You begin to blush out of embarrassment as he hands you back your bag.  

   On closer examination, this boy wasn't too bad looking. He had dark spiky hair and greenish-yellow eyes. He was muscular as well. Especially in the arms department. 

   "So you're telling me you put up with that every day?" He looks down at you and nods his head. "Oh joy," you say letting out an annoyed sigh. The strange beefy armed boy looks at you and beings to laugh to himself a little. 

   "Lemme guess you're new here huh?" 

   "Sadly." He beings to laugh again at your annoyance and lack of enthusiasm.