Chapter 13: Interhigh-Preliminaries (Part 2)

Oikawa POV:

   Why?

   Why Kageyama of all people?

   Why does she seem so happy with him?

   Why can't that be me?  

   Why does he take everything good away from me?  

   Why? Why? Why? 

No POV: 

   Oikawa had a million thoughts running through his head at once. He wanted to rip you away from the boy, but he couldn't move a muscle. 

   Iwaizumi took his elbow and jabbed it into Oikawa's side. He wasn't angry. He knew what Oikawa was thinking, so he tried to help in the only way he knew how.  

   "Don't pay attention to them Crappykawa," Iwaizumi said quietly. Oikawa winced a little bit at the elbow in his side and then just nodded. 

   You and Kageyama were still talking to each other. 

   "AHHHHHH OIKAWA-SAN!!!!!" 

   Then they showed up. Oikawa's oh so precious fangirls. They were the last people he wanted to hear, but of course, he turned around and gave them the most faked smile. They didn't seem to notice though. 

   L/n would have seen through me, Oikawa thinks. He was somewhat relieved though. He didn't have to look at you now. 

   He continued to distract himself with his fangirls. They gave him praise and a lot of gifts. In a way, he enjoyed the attention. 

   He was so focused on his fans that he didn't notice when Hinata and Kageyama left. 

   "Ok we should get back now," You say as a get back to your teammates. You notice their expressions. Iwaizumi, Kunimi, and Kindaichi all had shocked looks on their face, and Oikawa was a few feet away talking to his fangirls. "What?" 

   "Kageyama is the guy we were talking about earlier," Iwaizumi informed you. You look at him with confusion. 

   "What guy?" You ask. 

   "The King Of The Court. That's him," Kunimi specified. Your eyes widen for a minute and then you go back to normal. 

   "That actually sounds like him," You say aloud, with a finger on your chin. You look over at Oikawa and begin to walk over to him and tell him that it's time to go. Iwaizumi saw this and quickly grabbed your arm to pull you back.

   You jerk back and respond with, "Hey! What was that for." 

   "I'll get Oikawa," Iwaizumi states as he let go of you. You stare at him blankly as he walks in Oikawa's direction. 

   "Umm Ok..." 

   What was that about? You think to yourself. 

   Iwaizumi grabs Oikawa by the back of the shirt and the five of you make your way back to the rest of the team. 

   You noticed that Oikawa had been silent for most of the walk. It looked like he was thinking, but he also looks kind of sad.  

   "So Flattykawa, it looks like you've got fangirls from other schools too. Lucky you," You say sarcastically. Oikawa didn't look at you. He didn't even acknowledge your presence. 

   You look up at him with confusion in your eyes. After he didn't respond for a while you continued to talk.     

   "What's wrong Oikawa?" You ask. This time he looked at you. He put on a fake smile, the one you hate.