Chapter 28: Divisions

No POV:

   "Iwaizumi's an idiot," You say.

   "Ami's manipulative," Oikawa says simultaneously.

   You both look up from the ground,  in shock for a few moments. But soon, your eyes narrow, glaring daggers into the other.

   "Ami's not manipulative. Iwaizumi was reading too much into the situation, plus, she has a good reason to be worried," You say in a low tone. 

   Oikawa scoffs. "Seriously, L/n, I didn't think you were this stupid... Ami has no reason to feel the way she does. And she hasn't even tried to get to know Mia, as a matter of fact, neither have you, so you don't have any room to talk," Oikawa spits out, beginning to raise his voice. 

   "Look, Oikawa... she's not who she says she is..." You try explaining, but Oikawa doesn't listen.

   "Not who she says she is? You've never even spoken to her. Where do you get off saying that?" Oikawa says. His eyes are narrowed, and his lips are pressed together, forming a frown. The boy's body began to shake a little bit out of rage. 

   Your eyes have a glint of sadness in them. You feel tiny droplets of water hitting your skin, cooling your warm body. The wind blows, causing a chill to run through you. Suddenly, the world feels cold. 

   You look down at the ground, watching as the rain covers the parking lot, little by little. "Oikawa, she's not a good person. Please trust me," You say, your heart begging for him to believe you. 

   "You don't know her, L/n. She's a kind person, much kinder than you and Ami," Oikawa says, a stern glare plastered on his face. 

   No... That's not how I feel, Oikawa thinks, regretting his words. Though, his expression shows no signs of remorse. 

   Your eyes widen, feeling as though someone stabbed you in the chest, ripped your heart out, and then stomped on it. 

   You look up at the boy's face to see his eyes, serious, yet, lifeless. 

   "Oikawa, Mia... She was the one that-!" You begin, only to be cut off. 

   "I don't need to hear this, L/n... I would have never guessed you're this type of person," Oikawa says in a monotone way, walking in the direction of his house. 

   You watch as he turns away from you, fear rushing through your veins. "Wait! Let me finish what I was going to say!" You yell in a panicked tone. 

   Oikawa stops walking for a moment. His back is still turned to you. "I don't want to hear it. I'm done listening to you," He says, continuing forward. 

   You try calling out to him, but your throat feels dry. You're unable to choke out any words. 

   Damn it. Speak, move, do something, You think. 

   I have to keep moving... for Iwa-chan, Oikawa thinks, a single tear escaping his eye.  

   You watch as Oikawa walks away from you. Like you're frozen in time, unable to force your body to do the things you want it to. 

   The clouds cover the sun completely as rain pours down on your cold body, tears rolling down your cheeks. 

   Was my knee not good enough for you? You ask yourself, feeling as though the darkness is consuming you once more. 

   And it's all her fault. 

~~~~

   After your and Oikawa's argument, you stopped speaking. In class, Oikawa would leave you alone, only talking with his fangirls. You don't walk home together anymore. Both of you take different routes now in hopes of avoiding the other. When you run into each other at the store or out in the wild, you ignore the other.