Chapter 41: Graduation And Goodbyes

⚠️MANGA SPOILERS⚠️

No POV:

   "I- I can't believe you're graduating today!" Kindaichi says, crying his little heart out as you and the other third-years look at him with tired expressions. He's been saying the same thing for 10 minutes now, and none of you can get him to stop crying. 

   "Calm down, dude," Kunimi mumbles under his breath, shoving his hands in his pockets and leaning up against the windows.  

   Students walk up and down the staircase that you and everyone are conversing on, distressed looks on their faces. Some even turn around and take a different route through the school, causing you to let out a long and embarrassed sigh. 

   Kindaichi turns to Kunimi. "I c-can't! They're leaving, and w-we're never g-gonna see them again!" He yells, snot running down his nose.

   "Chill. You're still going to see us, just not every day," You state, and Ami nods, trying to cheer the boy up. 

   Kindaichi turns to you, eyes shining. "S-So you'll visit?" 

   "Obviously. You'd probably curl up and die if we didn't," You speak, crossing your arms. 

   Everyone sweats at your response, though they're glad you successfully calmed him down, even if you are harsh. 

   "T-Thank you, L-L/n-senpai," Kindiachi stutters, no longer crying but now blushing profusely. 

   Makki stands next to you, whispering, "Imagine what he'll be like at our funerals." 

   You shiver at the thought. "For personal reasons, I hope I die first," You say, breaking out in a cold sweat, trying to get the image out of your head. 

   On another note, Oikawa's been pouting in the corner for a while because you won't give him any attention, and you can feel his gaze on you, causing you to roll your eyes. 

   "Quit pouting and come say goodbye to the underclassman," Iwaizumi orders, glaring over at his friend. 

   A shiver runs up Oikawa's spine. He walks up to everyone with his head down and mutters quick, "Bye."

   You pick up your hand, slapping the boy across the back. Oikawa jumps at the contact and the sting it leaves. Rubbing his back, he looks at you with a pouty face. Though, you don't care enough to look at him. 

   "I'm glad you're finally leaving," Kyotani growls, causing the boys to get angry. 

   "Hey, Kyotani, you can't just say that. It's rude," Yahaba lectures, causing Kyotani to roll his eyes.

   "Tch."

   You smirk at the angry boy, placing a hand on your hip. "It's okay, Kyotani. I know you'll miss us so much that you won't be able to sleep at night," You state, kinda sounding like Oikawa, which makes you cringe.

   Oikawa's eyes brighten up at your words, nodding his head.

   "Like hell," Kyotani says, turning around and walking off. But just as he disappears from your view, you can see his fists clench up.

   You watch his actions with a small smile. It's easy to tell that he'll miss you guys.

   "Well, we should get to the ceremony now. We'll see you around," Matsukawa says, waving to the underclassmen as he leads the way to the auditorium.

   You and the other third-years follow, recalling memories as you walk through the long hallways.

~~~~