Chapter 23: Sleepovers

No POV:

   "SHORTY!! WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!!" An annoying neighbor of yours screeched as he banged on your door. 

   Oikawa had been standing outside in the summer heat for 20 minutes, waiting for you to walk to school with him. 

   Normally the flat-ass would walk in and force you to get ready, but you played it smart and locked your door for once. Your dad was away on a business trip, so it wasn't a good idea to have your door wide open, welcoming in perverts. 

   "SHORTY! PLEASE!!!!" Oikawa yelled, getting frustrated. 

   He stopped abusing the door and sighed, placing his forehead on the rectangular piece of wood while he leaned into it. 

   In one swift motion, the door swung open. Oikawa, not expecting the sudden movement, lost his balance and fell forward. 

   Before he could fall into you, you placed both hands on his chest, stabilizing him. 

   Once the boy regained his balance, you locked the door and walked past him without a word. 

   Oikawa, shocked by the situation, watched as you began to make your way to school. Once you got to the flight of stairs that lead to the bottom floor, you stop and look back at the boy. 

   "If you don't hurry up, we'll be late to practice," You state, waiting for him to catch up. 

   Oikawa looks at you with a blank stare. Then he completely snaps. 

   "YOU'RE THE REASON WE'LL BE LATE, NOT ME!!! THE AUDACITY YOU MUST HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT IS UNFATHOMABLE!!" Oikawa screams, pointing an accusing finger at you. 

   You send him a cold and dangerous glare. "I'm sorry, were you saying something? 'Cuz it sounded like you never want to be able to have kids." 

   Oikawa sprints past you, not wanting to lose his baby maker. "Must have been the wind! Let's go!" He says in a sing-song voice. 

   You laugh as you run to catch up with him. 

   Cute idiot. 

~~~~

   "Oh, look, the difunctional couple decided to show up," Matsukawa states, catching the volleyball that he was passing to himself. 

   You and Oikawa fell to the ground, trying to catch your breath. You had to run all the way to school if you didn't want to be late. 

   Now you're lying on the gym floor, trying to fill your lungs with oxygen. Oikawa is squatted down, holding onto the door to the gym, attempting to stabilize himself.  

   "Still...not...a...couple," Oikawa wheezes. 

   "And...I'm...not...dysfunctional," You say between heavy breaths.

   The team laughs at your responses. 

   Though Iwazumi found it comforting that Oikawa wasn't getting to practice an hour early every day and leaving an hour late. If you didn't come around, Oikawa would have overworked himself. He may have even gotten hurt in the process.   

   Iwaizumi couldn't help but notice that your only late on certain days. And Oikawa always spent a certain number of hours on the court each week. 

   It's like you made him late on purpose, to protect him, to prevent him from injuring himself.   

   Iwaizumi was pulled out of his thoughts by his annoying friend calling out to him.