Chapter 31: The Truth Comes Out

No POV:

   "Haha, looks like you lose again, F/n-chan," Ami comments, sticking her tongue out at you. 

   You and the other third-years are at Oikawa house, playing Uno around the kotatsu. You've played five rounds and lost to Ami in every single one.   

   Throwing your cards at her face, you yell, "Shut up, Ami!" 

   Ami yelps when the cards hit her face, falling back on the wooden floor. The blonde acts like she's been injured, sprawling out. "How could you do this to your best friend? I thought we had something special," Ami says, placing an arm over her forehead, fake tears in her eyes. 

   Oikawa breaks out in a cold sweat, slowly scooting away from the blonde. 

   "So dramatic," Iwaizumi grumbles. This had been the third time you threw your cards at her when you lost, and Iwaizumi is exhausted from your and Ami's actions. 

   Ami shoots up, looking at her boyfriend with hurt eyes. "So you don't care that your own girlfriend has been brutally assaulted? A stack of cards can be a dangerous thing!" Ami pouts, crossing her arms. 

   Iwaizumi looks at her with a mix of confusion, disappointment, and a little bit of fear.

   Matsukawa watches them, doing his best to hold back his laughter. 

   Oikawa slowly scoots away from her even more, afraid of getting caught in the crossfire. Though, he doesn't take his eyes off the scene, not wanting to miss anything. 

   "H-How can a stack of cards be dangerous?" Iwaizumi asks, concerned for his girlfriend's mental well-being.     

   Ami smiles, holding up her index finger. "I'm glad you asked! Two of those cards could have poked my eyes out, and another could have gotten stuck in my esophagus because I had my mouth slightly open. Finally, if thrown with enough force and at just the right angle, one could have cut my neck, causing me to bleed out. So, therefore-" Ami explains, but you interrupt her. 

   "Would you shut the hell up! That wouldn't happen, and you know it," You snap, grabbing Makki's cards out of his hands and chucking them at the girl. 

   They hit her square in the face once more. 

   Makki looks at you in astonishment.  

   "OK, OK, I'M SORRY! JUST STOP THROWING THINGS!" Ami cries. 

   At this point, Oikawa's in the corner of the room, fearing for his life, Iwaizumi is banging his head against the table, and Matsukawa is laughing his ass off. 

   "Why am I even here?" Iwaizumi asks out loud. 

   Ami jumps to her right, wrapping her arm around Iwaizumi and pulling him close to her. "Because you love us, of course!" Ami cheers. 

   Iwaizumi blushes at his girlfriend's actions, responding with a grunt. 

   Afterward, you and the others conversed about random topics. Though, you felt someone's gaze on you the entire time, making you feel uneasy. 

   You get curious and turn to the boy sitting next to you. 

   "Normally, Oikawa's the only one that stares at me. So this is kinda odd coming from you," You state, looking at Makki. You spoke quietly enough, so the others couldn't hear over their conversation.                  

   Makki smiles. "Guess you caught me. There's something I want to talk with you about in private if that's ok?" Makki offers, leaning back with his arms behind his body to support him.