Chapter 6: Family

No POV:

   This week has been nothing short of hell. You had to do all of Oikawa's homework, dress up as a banana and had to announce that you were on your period to the class. It wasn't any fun. You now hate Oikawa even more (If that's even possible). 

   Currently, you were walking home from school. You were exhausted. Because of your and Oikawa's agreement you had to be near him most of the time. Your thinking about strangling his fangirls. They just never shut up. How do they even have the energy to chase after Oikawa. It's a waste of time. Most of those girls are just going to end up with a broken heart anyway. Why put yourself on the line like that for someone like him. You just couldn't understand them. 

    After a short walk, you arrived at your apartment. You open your door and walk inside. 

   "Welcome home F/n." You hear your dad call out to you from the living room.

   "Hey, dad! Your home early," You say while taking your shoes off. Your father comes out of the living room and looks over at you. 

   "I didn't have to work late tonight." You roll your eyes. 

   "No shit sherlock. I could have figured that much out on my own," You say as you get up and flick him on the forehead. You walk over to the kitchen and pull out some ingredients from the fridge. "Have you eaten anything yet?" You ask, looking over at him. 

   "No," He says, causing you to let out a long and annoyed sigh.

   "I'll make you something just go sit over there," You say while pushing him over to the dining room table. You start putting something together as he sits down in a chair. 

   "So how was school today?" You flinch at his question. You wanted to look him dead in the eye and say, 'I wanted to throw myself off a bridge because of a certain conceited jackass,' but you had some self-control left. 

   "It was fine." Your dad looks at you with a frown. 

   "But you seem stressed." You pause for a second. You were a hard person to read, but he could always see straight through you. You continue cooking and give him a real and truthful answer. 

    "Well there's this guy I sit behind in class and he's really annoying. I've kind of been stuck with him recently," You say, laughing slightly, but not out of joy, but out of pain. 

   "Oh really, what's this boy like." You didn't really want to talk about Oikawa right now, but you figured it can't hurt. 

   "As I said, he's annoying. He's a stuck up pretty boy that likes to mess with me. He's got a herd of fangirls following him around everywhere too. They're always screaming and trying to get his attention. The worst thing is, almost all my friends are friends with him so escaping him is almost impossible," You pause for a moment before continuing, allowing annoyance to become apparent on your face, "Also he calls me Shorty and it pisses me off," You finish. Your father begins to laugh to himself. You look over at him with a concerned expression. "Why are you laughing?" You ask. 

    "Oh it's nothing," He answers after calming down a bit. "It's just that he sounds a lot like your father." Your eyes widen at his comment.

   You don't remember much about your real parents. All you have is the stories that your dad told you. Your dad adopted you shortly after your parent's death. So you've always seen him as your father and not just some random that took you in. He was good friends with your parents they were still alive. 

   "I never pictured my dad as a piece of crap," You say, with a neutral expression, while you take the food you made to the table, placing it in front of yourself and your father.